Historically Roasted Coffee

CrazyCholeBlack

Now available. The perfect stocking stuffer for history lovers, coffee lovers or lovers of both!

1/4 lb. Pre-Ground Authentic 18th century coffee.

Packaged in a historically inspired manner. Each order includes a booklet on coffee brewing during the 18th century as well as instructions for duplicating the process at home.

183_8389.jpg

Fire roasted in a reproduction coffee roaster at living history events around the mid-west, this is as close to 18th century coffee as one can get without traveling back in time!

beans3.jpg

$6 shipped (priority shipping extra)

All forms of Paypal accepted.

Enjoy!

Chole

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Do you sell it by the pound? If so, what would the price be?

Hugh-

I do sell by the pound for $12 plus shipping. However, by the pound coffee is whole bean while these smaller packages are ground (in my reproduction grinder :) ) for those that don't want to or don't have the equipment to grind their own beans.

Chole

Edited by CrazyCholeBlack

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Is it bitter like Starbucks and other coffee places?

Or smooth like a good Columbian type?

Rue-

These are single origin Arabica beans, since Robusta beans weren't even classified as a species of coffee until late in the 18th century. The roast is a full city, not bitter but smooth with a mild spice profile of cinnamon & chocolate undertones. There is also a slight smoky scent due to the fire roasting which you simply can not get from commercial coffee. Perhaps the best review of the flavor is from one of my customers who said "The flavor is clean and genuine- very little acidity- rich nutty flavor. It makes Starbucks seem like it must be gooped up with fake flavoring." I frequently have people who aren't even coffee drinkers come back for 2nd & 3rd cups, it's just that good.

This offer is going fast, so grab them while you can for holiday delivery!

Chole

Being another customer of the Widow Black, and a huge fan of her coffee... I am also not a big fan of the burnt flavour of Starbucks... I think you would like her coffee.

It was the only thing that kept me going at Paynetown this past summer, and I look forward to the next time I am at the same event as Ms. Black so I can enjoy more of her coffee.

So there you have it, a first hand account! :D

Is it bitter like Starbucks and other coffee places?

Or smooth like a good Columbian type?

Rue-

These are single origin Arabica beans, since Robusta beans weren't even classified as a species of coffee until late in the 18th century. The roast is a full city, not bitter but smooth with a mild spice profile of cinnamon & chocolate undertones. There is also a slight smoky scent due to the fire roasting which you simply can not get from commercial coffee. Perhaps the best review of the flavor is from one of my customers who said "The flavor is clean and genuine- very little acidity- rich nutty flavor. It makes Starbucks seem like it must be gooped up with fake flavoring." I frequently have people who aren't even coffee drinkers come back for 2nd & 3rd cups, it's just that good.

This offer is going fast, so grab them while you can for holiday delivery!

Chole

Michael_banner.jpg