The Pyrates Way Issues 10 -14 Updates

TheBlackFox

Steve you ignorant slut!!! If you think we're cake eating whiners ... You'd best pray too God you never cross my path! You and your worthless rag aren't worth the powder to send you to Hell!!! And I don't support any business who lies and cheats their customer base or tries to paint honest complaints as malcontents! It would say a lot if your advertisers were content with your performance but to publish without ads since you have screwed up and nobody wants to pay for nothing or for ads that appear after events have past ...That's your failure; not your subscribers or your advertisers who are tired of not getting their money's worth!!!

Normally I would not post here as this is not my forum..but I am admin and as such I will try to be diplomatic. Notice I did say try. All of you know me and know Im not going to deliberately ruffle feathers. And that is by no means my intentions to ruffle feathers but to rather soothe things..

Sir Black Fox you were nice enough to run my Tavern in your magazine…however I do find it unfair that you call people whiners, liars and lazy. You are a member of this forum and as such you should hold yourself and others in some respect or esteem. All of us are brethren here and though we have had our Debates and Misunderstandings we have always returned to an even keel and Camaraderie. As a businessman the way to promote is not stooping to name calling but to listen to concerns and work things out, not take frustrations out on others..

As someone who orders things I do not put my pirate name on it so how can you tell people they have not ordered when you do not know their real names? These people do have right to be angry when you tell then they have not ordered when it is very clear that they have, and have documentation to prove it.

As for your forum, I too am a member and when there is not a lot of activity I generally do not peruse it. Even my beloved Tavern is not active and is only used for when the Pub is down, in fact if the Pub is down Stynky will post here and the Tavern and I do so as well for the Tavern here if it will be closed. I double post on both places to make sure that all concerned are aware.

However I am ALWAYS on here and if you can update on your forum as you do would it truly behoove you to have made a post here to explain any issues? You post here as it is and a simple post letting others know what is amiss would have gone a long way to easing those “Whining concerns”.

My mother always told me if you have nothing nice to say then it is best to say nothing at all.

Highest Regards,

The Black Syren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

As someone who orders things I do not put my pirate name on it so how can you tell people they have not ordered when you do not know their real names?

Highest Regards,

The Black Syren

Hopefully in the email that I ask for to make a correction, the subscriber would, if he/she has a lick of intelligence, gives their correct mailing info and replies with "hi, this is (insert pyrate name here) from pyracy.com . . . I was concerned about my subscription."

I'm not one for holding hands or teaching how to write letters. Nothing makes me more frustrated then people who think they have some silly entitlement to having businesses work harder just to squelch such silliness with appeasement. I don't. I'd rather lose one silly subscriber than spend more time and money to "make the subscriber happy" and in doing, raise the cost for every other subscriber due to the extra effort. That kind of "good business" is why every business from healthcare to publishers have to raise their prices. It's not the folks who pay their bills and receive their product like loyal consumers. . . it's the folks who want something for nothing that are killing us all.

Sorry, if the customer is wrong. . . they're wrong. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I try to over-extend to make things right again. Ask all the advertisers I collected LAST year and how they've been getting FREE ads in The Pyrates Way until such point as we're back on schedule. I don't have to do that, but if I want to sleep at night I have to. They're business folks just like me and we're in this together. Please go to Pyratesway.com and see all the FREE spots for advertisers who have been loyal to our magazine.

I stand by my statement. You cake-eatin'-whiners pretending-to-be-pyrates'-days are over, luvs.

Black Fox,

My good try though..... I did subscribe, and buy back issues, now i will post me email invoices, SENT FROM YOU, ya wanker.

NOTE to all pirates, DONT waste your time or hard earned coin on this rag , or any others he may be affilated with.

for example here is the last time i didn't SARCASM subscribe.

Dear Gretchen Sproat,

You sent $22.00 USD to The Pyrates Way, LLC for a subscription payment.

-----------------------------------

Payment Details

-----------------------------------

Subscription name: Gretchen Sproat

Transaction date: Aug 1, 2009

And the year before that i didnt suscribe to either

Dear Gretchen Sproat,

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Pyrates Way US Subscription ONE YEAR using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $22.00 USD, has already been sent to The Pyrates Way, LLC.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Subscription Details

----------------------------------------------------------------

Date of sign up: Aug. 1, 2008

Subscription Name: Pyrates Way US Subscription ONE YEAR

Subscription Number: S-35904673YA7479011

Oh yeah, I DID, and never got any of the issues for that year either.

Two years Black Fox two years and though most of us are honest pirates, you are not. but before you start calling people liars and whiners, pray they dont have the proof to show just what a lying sack you are

Gretchen. . . you ORIGINAL issue that I sent was RETURNED TO SENDER and since I send the magazines via media mail, I have to PAY for your issue BOTH WAYS. I'll gladly refund your money minus the cost to me because you couldn't fill out your address correctly.

I've emailed him on numerous occasions, got a reply once- to wait.That was several months ago.

Okay- it's been over a year- and not one issue.

I keep seeing these postings about issues in the mail.

Gettin' old, really.

Has anybody gotten an issue? I subscribed in October '08.

I think that was before he put out his new mag. Is that where my money went? Maybe I should get one of those, too...

and oh wait- he's got a Steampunk mag coming out too now? Is that how he got the money to make the issues that supposedly are in the mail?

Colour me disgusted.

You never subscribed. . .good try though.

Excuse me..are you saying I never subscribed?

Interesting- you don't even know my real name off this board.

FYI- I didn't subscribe as Gunpowder Gertie.

Good try though.

FYI- I was in the hospital, and that's why I haven't PMed you.Oh btw- I guess it's okay for you to ignore emails, for an entire year..and not for someone to take a couple of days to get back to you, by PM on a public board.

You know, I would suggest you just take care of your subscribers and get the mag out, and quit coming back to mouth off.

cause it isn't winning you any friends.

And you are just looking like a pompous fool.

I'll be happy to show you my credit card receipt.

From OCTOBER 08.

Agenda? You bet yer ass.. I want my magazines that I PAID for.

That's not too much to ask, eh?

I've emailed him on numerous occasions, got a reply once- to wait.That was several months ago.

Okay- it's been over a year- and not one issue.

I keep seeing these postings about issues in the mail.

Gettin' old, really.

Has anybody gotten an issue? I subscribed in October '08.

I think that was before he put out his new mag. Is that where my money went? Maybe I should get one of those, too...

and oh wait- he's got a Steampunk mag coming out too now? Is that how he got the money to make the issues that supposedly are in the mail?

Colour me disgusted.

You never subscribed. . .good try though.

Excuse me..are you saying I never subscribed?

Interesting- you don't even know my real name off this board.

FYI- I didn't subscribe as Gunpowder Gertie.

Good try though.

FYI- I was in the hospital, and that's why I haven't PMed you.Oh btw- I guess it's okay for you to ignore emails, for an entire year..and not for someone to take a couple of days to get back to you, by PM on a public board.

You know, I would suggest you just take care of your subscribers and get the mag out, and quit coming back to mouth off.

cause it isn't winning you any friends.

And you are just looking like a pompous fool.

I'll be happy to show you my credit card receipt.

From OCTOBER 08.

Agenda? You bet yer ass.. I want my magazines that I PAID for.

That's not too much to ask, eh?

Interesting that you quoted me twice, but never said anything..I'm puzzled.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Actually Sir Black Fox I would indeed like to think I have a level of intelligence. Perhaps I am not as clever as you seemingly are. Afterall I must have indeed been lacking in wit to try and diplomatically point out concerns that members have. And No i would not have said it's Syren from the Pub as that should not make a diffrence in my order. Perhaps I am too lacking in wit to fully understand such a concept.

However what I do know is that whilst your feelings may have been hurt *especially as an ADMIN did not notice* you have not been aboveboard yourself. One should not toss stones sir unless one's own stoop is clear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

You cake-eatin'-whiners pretending-to-be-pyrates'-days are over, luvs.

I wasn't going to say a word, but now I'm really ticked. I like cake. And this is an affront to all of us who do. :(

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Now there's going to be some name calling ... Chocolate cake eater!!!

Take that!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Black Fox,

many thanks for the partial refund after two years, as to my not being able to fill in my address properly, mayhaps if you would have checked your email, you would have seen the change of address notice i sent you, if you would like i can post that one as well. As i have eccletic taste and try for a wide variety of magazines, i had no issue with any of the other 6 magazines, i subcribed to, with being capable of filling out my information correctly, only yours.

That said and the matter dropped, hopefully you will see fit to deal in your "business" whilst I will go back to mine.

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string