I'm back....enough drama to fill a mug with

Silent

So, first off I'm happy to be back on the forums. I was getting a little home sick, you guys are like the family I never had, hoopla!

This summer and fall has been pretty eventful for me, none of it good really. seem like when you work your way to the top the devil is there to drag you back down.

First thing that happened, lost my job. I was working as a Lab Tech for an eyeglass center making glasses in the career field of health care. It was a nice gig, plan on going down that career path still. The place I was working for ended up getting new management and they thought it would be cheaper to fire me and my lead, close the lab down and move the work to GA. It was a little cold hearted, no pre-warnings. My lead had been working there 20 years and they kicked us out like yesterdays news paper. That was three months ago, I can't find anything in this town, it's like I'm competing with the whole city.

Then, in the mist of my job search's my car tabs expair, money to fix that, then my window stops rolling up, money to fix that, then my battery dies, money to fix that, then I get a flat tire, money to fix that, then a parking ticket for being parked facing the wrong way, money to take care of that. That was all with in two weeks of it's self.

If that wasn't enough I ended up moving out of the apartment I was living in because I found out my room mate, someone I've known for 9 years, a 25 year old man was a pedophile. Found out he was bringing high school girls back to our place, giving them drinks and doing the deed with them. 15 and 16 year old girls because I guess he was scared of real women, so go after young girls who have no experience in life or general. Hes a predator so I moved out and filed a police report, I haven't heard from him since. So now I'm living in my parents basement at 23 years old almost 24. I had it all to, money, car, home and now it's all gone over one summer, just like that. It's funny the cards life deals you sometimes.

But I'm making the best of it, I did get to go sailing for the first time this summer which was a blast and a half. Eh, maybe I'll grab my guitar, a bag and travel to the Keys. I've always wanted to live there! I work in health care so finding a job is easy, it's just finding someone who is hiring. Moving across the country would be tuff....hey! Anyone need a room mate :P hehe

Edited by Silent

...to fire me and my lead, close the lab down and move the work to GA. It was a little cold hearted, no pre-warnings. My lead had been working there 20 years and they kicked us out like yesterdays news paper...

And some twit justified it by telling himself,"It's not personal, it's just business..." Morons, they don't realize that getting fired is always personal, your job is personal, it reflects that part of you that made you choose it. Twits. I reiterate: the only thing wrong with capitalism is our modern capitalists. Greed is not always good and higher profits at any cost will become too expensive in the long run.

I've been out for over a year, having been laid off at the age of 50. I feel your frustration at competing with so many,especially with employers looking for the cheapest hire.

Off soap box.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Thanks for the kind words. That's pretty much what I'm doing, thinking to myself no matter how hard I might think I have it, there is always someone out there worse then me. A lot of people ask me "well arn't you getting unemployment" nope, no I am not. I filed for it and went on their ride for four weeks until they denied me. I found out that the company I work for doesn't have to pay the unemployment if they chose not to, and that's what happened. I'm getting good ol' food stamps though so that's always good. Life gives you lemons and you gotta make lemonade. <_<

It really bothers me that so many people are out of work. I know more people living on the streets than ever before (that includes our former roommate who is a total ass)because there just isn't any work of any kind.

The classified ads in our local papers are like nothing! In fact the only places I know hiring are some of the restraunt/coffee shops who are hurting for people. It's like a majority of people just can't seem to want to 'lower' themselves to that....sad reality, it's high probability you won't get the great paying job you had before.

For those like Silent and others who are living at home, be thankful you have family that helps you out!

I really feel for you and I'm happy to give out big hugs!

grouphug2.gif