tricorn hats...

iPirate

Iv'e pretty much hit every pirate merchandise site out there and have to yet to find a nice tricorn that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear to an event at a reasonable price.

Anybody know where I can look for a respectable tricorn for less than $50?

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

You're in NOVA right?? In stock, where you can take your time and see and try would be williamsburgs prentics' store as a good bet, but you will be hard pressed to find one for under $75 or so. Again, the advantage is they have lots in stock and you can take your time finding one. plus its a cool store- i have to go in with specific items in mind and leave else i break the bank.

edit, i think there is a similar ship in fredericksburg that their folks use, but i have never been to it nor know the name of it.

The only way you are gonna have a perfect hat if you make it your self. yes go to jas townsend or one of the other site and get a hat blank and shape it your self. i have done that with my hats but a few that i did buy i bought at captain jacks pirate hats he has some good hats but you will be paying a little bit more than $50.00

2421543090_e39e11ec46.jpg

Aye! You gets what ye pays for, unless ye steals it outright!

Captain Jack makes fyne hats, and he be one of our locals too!

Also look at Dirty Billy's when you're ready to spend what a good hat is worth.

No offense meant. A well made hat is well worth the money; it is an investment that will last decades.

Iv'e pretty much hit every pirate merchandise site out there and have to yet to find a nice tricorn that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear to an event at a reasonable price.

Anybody know where I can look for a respectable tricorn for less than $50?

There is a woman here in Des Moines, IA that makes felt tricorn hats. Last one I bought from her last year was a little over 50.00. Like 52.00. Her business name is, Fine Hats by Felicity. I believe she trims them in gold trim. I'm sure if you ordered it from her she'd do whatever you want. I love mine..it has held it's shape well and I'm very happy with it....and I'm not very easy on it either....