Positive feedback

I've really appreciated something similar on other boards and so thought to start this thread here.

Besides that, I really wanted to give a positive shout-out for At the Sign of the White Rose!

I just received a sailor's short jacket (something I've wanted for a long time now) and am very happy.

Great work, timely done, and run by our very own Kathryn & Hawkyns. What's not to like?

Neat idea!

Although I've only used them for one project (because I only needed one), I really though the folks at Madame Joan's Wee Wiggies did a fine job making my hair queue (aka "plaited pony tail"). It took a few weeks to get the right hair color, but I really liked the result and it was very reasonably priced, IMO.

Kudos to blackjohn for suggesting them to me as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Let me also give positive shout-outs for Callenish Gunner and History Fanatic.

I'd like to second all of these recommendations!

I have recently purchased a mantelet for the wife from HistoryFanatic (Nathan), as well as ordered a brazier. And his prompt and quick attention and speedy service on fulfilling the orders is most commendable.

I bought an English Lock Horse Pistol from Callenish earlier this year, and it has been my most reliable flintlock!

And I was lucky enough to scoop up some of the fabrics and other things GoF was selling earlier this year, as well as having bought a few sets of the shoe buckles from him... and he was very communicative during the entire process, and much quicker than one would expect for cross-Atlantic commerce.

These are three top notch vendors and well worth considering for your business!

Michael_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About a year and a half ago I ordered a Frock Coat and Drop Front Breeches from Black Bear Historical Clothing. I asked if they could possibly deliver them in time for the Buccaneer's Ball, Beaufort Pyrate Festival. They said they'd be there, but "just in time". They arrived on the day promised. They fit perfectly to the measurements I'd given and I found them to be of very good quality.

My Grandfather was a Uniform Maker. One of his specialties was the Fife and Drum Corps of the New England Area where I come from. Although he hasn't made a uniform since the mid-sixties, some of the corps are still wearing garments he made. I say that to say this; Black Bear makes quality. It is made by local folks in West Virginia so you are supporting a local community.

At the Blackbeard Festival in Hampton, VA, he could not unload his trailer to set up his tent. People were buying as quick as he could pull it out of the rig! Let's see, High quality, modest price and locally made, works for me! Dutch "X" his mark

• 1 month later...

I am still using my Lily Alexander original bag as a surgeon's battle tote and a way to store certain prized instruments when stowed. It lost a button after two years of abuse, but I actually like it all the more for that.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have done business with both Liam McMac and Willie Wobble in the past few weeks. Pleasant transactions and fine products from both.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

A shout out to all above...as well as to olde sutler jim, for my wonderful cartrige box, as well as for grace and dutchie's tables.......as well as a shout to the wheeping heart trading company...good stuff all around!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

lol i swear that gun taunts my mind so........as it stands i cant even seem to get the money to pay to get my captains license (after trying 3 times this year).....im holding on to hope......bbuuttttt my parents did as what i wanted for my birthday.....my sister got an expensive party for her last one....i asked for the gun...LOLOLOL...my priorities are slightly askew .......as for the olde stuff sellin man....he makes me want to stab a certain mouse...........

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel