j8ksdad

Spent a few hours with a friend making a new shoulder bag, knife sheath, head covers for my boarding axe and a frog for my axe.

leather.JPG

Made a small chest for practice. Painting will be finished later this week.

chest.jpg

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Nice! Yes, I too have been reminded hubby's boarding axe needs clothes. Everything looks very nice and I love the simplicity of the chest. Lovely.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Thanks all!

Since this is just a practice box I am using cheap Home Depot hinges. I may change them out for more PC ones later and add a lock as I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out. I am finishing up staining it black and distressing it a bit. I'm trying to decide it I want to tar the rope handles or not. I'll post some pics later next week.

Wicked Jim,

If you would like to see any more pics of the bag just let me know.

Thanks again all,

-Scott (j8ksdad)

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

progress... two coats of black stain on the outside and one inside. I'm going to distress it a bit this week. I'm still not happy with the hinges. They will be replaced soon.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

progress... two coats of black stain on the outside and one inside. I'm going to distress it a bit this week. I'm still not happy with the hinges. They will be replaced soon.

I've been practicing some amateur blacksmithing. I may be able to forge some iron hinges for you. Give me the basic dimensions of what you need.

Ropework_Header.jpg