The Modern day Tea Party

oderlesseye

Our individualvote hasn't counted in a presidential election in years. I for one am all for abolishing the electoral college. One person, one vote. So what if it takes a month or two for the results are final? Then you would have an actual vote of the people.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are." - H.L. Mencken, December 1919

Good ol' Mencken. I'll drink to that. (Coffee, as it happens.)

Did you read about that Financial Services Oversight Council they're trying to create? There's some scary stuff coming at us these days.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -H.L. Mencken

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG