I'm currently drinking a . . .

Pew

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was shopping for household stuff today, and saw a display of some of the Unibroue beers and ales at the market, so I instantly decided that I would buy some to enjoy. While sorting through the selection, I saw one I had not seen before.. The "Noire De Chambly". Awesome stuff. I would highly recommend trying it if you ever get the chance. Be warned it is more of a tasting beer than a drinking beer (as in one is really enjoyable, but drinking a few to many would likely make a good thing bad).

Michael_banner.jpg

Cafe brasileiro quente, preto e forte!

(brasilian coffee hot,black and strong)

Zingara -

Sounds yummy, any different from Spanish coffee?????

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Zingara -

Sounds yummy, any different from Spanish coffee?????

Jas. Hook ;)

I don't know never had spanish coffee but the brasilan coffee is 100% coffee bean ( you would be surprised with amount of fillers they put in folgers and similar brands) dark roasted, and very fine grounded like baby powder, is more like turkish coffee or italian expresso.

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

I resently had a Corona and used my new tin mug for it... Yack!

I quess such a bear doesn't combine very wel with a tin mug.:ph34r:

So what kind of beer does???

Or: what beer of today resembles the moost of what they drank back then??

cheers!

gallery_11212_490_27192.jpg

I quess such a bear doesn't combine very wel with a tin mug.:ph34r:

cheers!

Eheeew... Corona... that's why they put a lemon or lime wedge in the bottle. :ph34r:;)

I'd try heavier beers or ales Bass or Smithwicks

For warmer weather try a cold cider. ;)

Most beers are better had from a glass or a stoneware mug or a pewter tankard.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I quess such a bear doesn't combine very wel with a tin mug.:blink:

cheers!

Wow, memories are odd things. Mine just provided me with the information that sometime back when rocks were soft, someone told me that with metal mugs (and this might be for modern "pewter" rather than tin), that you should "season" the mug with whatever you plan to drink from it, basically sacrificing a beer to the mug if beer be your beverage, letting it go flat and then dumping it out. Don't wash it, just rinse it out, and don't drink anything else from it. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to, but worth trying.

As for beers that resemble the most of what they drank back then, it was probably small beer more than anything else, made from the 3rd brewing of a batch of hops, etc., which is why they could drink so much beer all the time. They wasn't much alcohol by the time you get to the 3rd batch. So the idea that folks were drinking a lot of beer and being drunk all the time is really one of those myths. I seem to remember porters were common, too. Someone is bound to have done a survey of this type of thing based on tavern inventories. I'll see what I can find out.

Too bad you're so far away, you could join us for the symposium coming up in April. It's all about period brew.

Cafe con Leche ..... a taste of Key West right from my coffee maker.

Using only the bestest espresso grinds from my local spanish centric supermarket.

After last week had to check thru the other posts and make sure I was still "on topic" with a coffee reference.

The fine print,

None of the comments in this post are meant to be taken seriously, any attempt to do so may result in brain injury. I will not be held responsible for any such injuries sustained by anyone who refuses to see the humor inherent. Damn, I wish there was a font for "Sarcastic"

Edited by sutlerjon

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

• 3 weeks later...