Body Image

RedJessi

This article got me thinking:

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/fallbeauty/image-of-ultra-thin-ralph-lauren-model-sparks-outrage-521480/

mr_a3445a414853c3.jpg

Cory Doctorow issued a stern warning to Ralph Lauren yesterday on the website, saying that the company's attempt to silence their criticism has only inspired them to step up their efforts in the future:

"Copyright law doesn't give you the right to threaten your critics for pointing out the problems with your offerings. You should know better. And every time you threaten to sue us over stuff like this, we will:

a) Reproduce the original criticism, making damned sure that all our readers get a good, long look at it, and;

:lol: Publish your spurious legal threat along with copious mockery, so that it becomes highly ranked in search engines where other people you threaten can find it and take heart; and

c) Offer nourishing soup and sandwiches to your models."

I don't think I will get any argument that the media portrayal of what we are supposed to find as "attractive" has become only ever more distorted over time.

And yet....

corset-vintage.jpg

Remarkable similarity in some respects.

The Ralph Lauren model looks like one of those encephelytic(?) Bratz dolls. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Dood.....I've been skinny...but thats GROSS...

She looks like if she opened the shirt there'd only be bleached bones. Eat some cake chica~!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

heh- similar....odd how fashion repeats...plus boob coverage B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I'm sure that only about one percent of people on this planet find it attractive to be that skinny .... Just like no one acctually wears all that crap that they model at fashion shows besides the small amount of 'fashion concious' rich people.

curves are what make a woman...

not only figuratively... but literaly

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

It's not as if the lasses want us all to be Hugh Jackman, or something... wink.gif

yes they do... but they know it's not possible

I want every woman to be Jennifer Connely but the hard truth is... there is only one

and she's married to the albino from the DaVinci Code! C'mon... seriously??

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

Save the Ta-Tas!

(Sorry, it's sort of OT, but I just saw that in the new breast cancer awareness campaign that is raging through the college. It even has a pink ribbon on it. :P )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ta-tas is a little enigmatic so it evokes the bumper-stickers that say "Save the whales." "Save the boobs" lets you jump right to the point, missing the cute homage to the STW bumper-sticker.

Plus, "Save the boobs" may confuse people. They might think it is a call for public education. :P

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL... Ye gents are a hoot!

At least with me, I'm not looking for a Hugh Jackman. If his personality is pathetic and his manners are worse, he can be just as gorgeous as Jackman, I wouldn't thinking twice but would walk away in disgust. It's the whole package that makes a man attractive.

And thank you for the compliment on curves! :P I would rather look like Marilyn Monroe or even Kate Winslet (woman with real breasts!) rather than look like that! That's just sickly! ugh! 100% real, God and Nature made, baby! ;)

At least the Gibson Girl looks decent and not sickly thin all over!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!