Whatcha linsten' to?

PyratePhil

The sound of the distant train blowing it's whistle.....I can hear the movie Robots that my son is watching again....the rushing water as the dishwasher fills up.....and the sweet twittering of the birds outside.....

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just the buzzing of the fan

In my head I'm singing Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley. Man I hate that song!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Best of the Beach Boys

It's 95 degrees today. That, plus listening to the Boys has me in quite the partying mood. All this energy and nowhere to release it! :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

In the Heart of the Moon, by Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate

200px-Heart_of_the_Moon.jpg

... gorgeous Malian folk music that is very soothing, even if it doesn't have a hope in hell of drowning out the neighbours' contractors' power tools (yes, on Saturday morning!)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

:angry: The "sturm unt drang" of a plumber ripping out drywall in preperation of putting in plumbing for our new half-bath.

All the cats have dissappeared into the woodwork, as plaster dust and noise fill the house.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

CD of Mr. H's colleague's nephew's Heavy Metal band.

Blech ... Heavy Metal! As a child of the punk generation myself, I can't understand why the current crop of 20-somethings is so enamoured with this boring old dinosaur rock.

I'll pass this CD on to my own nephew, who plays in a similar band and actually wears a Black Sabbath t-shirt in a non-ironic way. (How the hell could Ozzy Osbourne be the musical hero of any current young person? He was already a has-been when I was a teenager!)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Oh, come on! I hear that crap ALL the time. "Old rock".....

Good music is good music. It shouldn't be defined by what's "now", "new" or "hip".

I listen to almost everything. If it's good, it's good. Suddenly "Master of Puppets" isn't any good because it's 20 years old? What then would you say of "The Wall" or the "White" album?

Hell, I even listen to Big Band/Swing every now and then. That stuff is still great!

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Mozart - Carmina Burana - O Fortuna (Excalibur theme., I do have a liking for centuries old tunes.

Mozart is now ...,

Bach is new ...,if you havent really listened

and...,

Bethoven is hip..........., to me.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Oh, come on! I hear that crap ALL the time. "Old rock".....

Good music is good music. It shouldn't be defined by what's "now", "new" or "hip".

I listen to almost everything. If it's good, it's good. Suddenly "Master of Puppets" isn't any good because it's 20 years old? What then would you say of "The Wall" or the "White" album?

Hell, I even listen to Big Band/Swing every now and then. That stuff is still great!

B) Well said, sir. Very well said. Couldn't agree more.

Right now I'm listening to the "Chook, chook, chook, chit,chit,chit,chit,chit, chook, chook..." of a rainbird sprinkler. Ah, the sound of summer. <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog