Middlefaire

Blackbead

Ahoy, me friends!

The Medieval weekend of Middlefaire was indeed an excellent time! Many old friends were reacquainted with and many new friends were made. The weekend was profitable for the Adventure and it is with great hope that we look forward to the coming weekend, the final weekend of Middlefaire 2009 – THE PIRATE INVASION!

“Pirate’s Alley” and “Blackbead’s” took a heavy dose of wind and rain damage during the week between the first two weekends of Middlefaire. We had taken all of our stock away with us but much the “office box” took a direct hit. It’s the plastic tub that we put all of our office supplies in, things like scissors, pens, things to write on, a surge protector for when we travel with the laptop, price tags, etc.

There was at least four inches of rainwater in it.

Sails were torn down or loose, one of my posts was moving in the water-soaked ground, and the baby mosquitoes were everywhere! But, we put the rigging back in proper order, threw all the dead fish overboard, and we were ready for action by Saturday morning!

On Saturday, it actually got crowded in me booth a few times! Lots and lots of people, to include a large percentage that had never been to a Faire before, were out at the Faire, having a great time, and enjoying some excellent weather, some fantastic shows, and great food!

This coming weekend, there will be a “Grand Rat Pucking Tournament” that will be open to the public if you wish to participate. There will be a pirate battle with cannon and musket fire, sword fights, and the Blue Moon Boucanniers storming one of the Faire buildings! So come on out and enjoy the Faire!

See you this weekend!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."