Depp upset with Cook departure....

Iron Bess

Well mates... seems Johnny is right peevish about the departure of our Chairman Dick Cook. :(

According to my info of the moment, (which a we all know changes with every breath) there may be some *re thinking* about Pirates 4. Johnny says that everything that *He* agreed too was born in Dick's office and he is VERY unhappy that he has been forced out.

I'll keep you in the loop with anything that I can share.... :(

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

It won't be the same if they don't have Johnny. I don't think folks will line up to watch a replacement, even though there are fantastic Capt Jack impersonators out there. I hope they make Johnny happy and he stays on for 4 and then 5 and then 6?...

Went to the County Fair this weekend and they have a whole Pirate themed area "A Pirates Life" along with a Capt Jack (impersonator)

Edited by Lady Alyx

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

STOLEN FROM DARKHORIZONS.COM

<H2 itxtvisited="1">Rush On Fourth "Pirates" Status</H2>

By Garth Franklin Thursday September 24th 2009 06:56AM grush_article.jpg?1253797044 Geoffrey Rush tells MTV News that he's ready to get back to work as Captain Barbosa in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", the fourth adventure in the series which kicks off shooting in Spring.

"They're waiting for the screenplay writers to put together something that's beyond the trilogy, take it off into a new direction so that it's fresh and hopefully really interesting for an audience, that they're not going to just sausage-machine out something else, which wouldn't be so good" says Rush who jokingly admits neither the studio or prodder Jerry Bruckheimer1606_magglass.gif haven't been in touch with him about it.

The recent departure of Disney exec Dick Cook has left many questioning about the future of the project, but for now everything seems to be full steam ahead.

I don't think Pirates'll be th' same without Depp, to be honest. O'course, Barbossa's a great character, but can he manage a film all by himself? It's already somewhat weird not te have Knightley 'n Bloom, even though their chars weren't me favs, but to scrap out 3 o' the mains... I be not quite sure actually if this be of very deep impact - JohnnyDeppWeb's opened an album for PotC 4 in th' gallery already and there's no news 'bout any departure on Depp Impact yet, and they're quite trustworthy... (you caught me, I'm a Deppfan :lol:)

jollyrogerjackanapes.gifmonkeystelltales.gif

Dead men tell no tales... how 'bout monkeys?

• 3 weeks later...

Since the (ahem) "villian in the book On Stranger Tides is Blackbeard, I relish the possibility of Barbossa *and* Neddy Teach going head to head at each other...

How's bout...Both Barbossa and Sparrow against Teach...He was rather formidable and B & S could play off each-other as always....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins