A Pirate of Exquisite Mind

Sjöröveren

I checked the above mentioned biography of William Dampier a few months ago, and foolishly, I forgot to copy down the pharmacopia listed in one of the appendices. Does anyone have a copy of the book that they can scan those pages for me, or know of an online resource of the list? ) I'm looking in your direction, Mission...)

I've got an event - a PAYING one - this coming week, and I've found a stash of empty jars that I would like to fill with botanicals standing-in for the real thing.

I checked the above mentioned biography of William Dampier a few months ago, and foolishly, I forgot to copy down the pharmacopia listed in one of the appendices. Does anyone have a copy of the book that they can scan those pages for me, or know of an online resource of the list? ) I'm looking in your direction, Mission...)

I've got an event - a PAYING one - this coming week, and I've found a stash of empty jars that I would like to fill with botanicals standing-in for the real thing.

My copy has no appendices, and a cursory review yielded no list of botanicals.

I'll happily look again if you can give me further information as to where in the book you recall this.

I did check the index for botan* and medicine but, again, found nothing responsive to your request.

sorry, it was the Joan Druett book about Sea Surgeons, whose name escapes me right now.

No worries, mate!

In the meantime, here are a couple of links that might get you started:

18th Century Book of Herbal Remedies

Herbal Remedies, from the Claude Moore Colonial Farm

Yarr, they be lubber's medicine, I knows, but I doesn't have the book you need at hand.

Yardy yardy yarr yarr yarr!