Flintlocks and the law

Quartermaster James

I guess I'm not surprised. It's New York after all. Here in Florida we can rack off all the rounds we want in the backyard - it's a noise ordinance here. Of course, I live in a state where you can shoot anyone who threatens you or you even feel threatened you, even if it's on a sidewalk or in a store.

That perhaps explains why I would never live in New York or any other state with their panties in a bunch over such nonsense.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I guess I'm not surprised. It's New York after all. Here in Florida we can rack off all the rounds we want in the backyard - it's a noise ordinance here. Of course, I live in a state where you can shoot anyone who threatens you or you even feel threatened you, even if it's on a sidewalk or in a store.

That perhaps explains why I would never live in New York or any other state with their panties in a bunch over such nonsense.

-- Hurricane

Ahhhhh, yes...... It seems like the "People's Republik" of New York is ever vigilant in it's search for the evil firearms !! Much easier to harass law abiding citizens than REAL criminals.

>>>> Cascabel

Huzzah for the man and his gun. Having said that here is a bit of a bombshell for you: The Second Amendment doesn't apply to states. That's correct, the second amendment (as well as the other first ten)was instituted to restrict the Federal government and not the States. It was not until Lincoln and the 14th Amendment that some of the ten were applied to the States but the Second has not at this time been ruled to apply. The good news: the Federal Court of Appeals (the Ninth, I think) for California recently ruled that the Second does apply by using the argument of due process. Stay tuned for details as this works its way up to the Supremes. If it is ruled that the Second applies then all State statutes would have to respect the Second amendment rights as outlined in the DC case where it was ruled that the Second applied directly because DC is not a State and is governed by the Federal government.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Just unbelievable. Every time I leave Rhode Island to go to anther state with my flintlocks I call the State police in that state. I find that if you acall the same department over three you get three different answers on the law. I have even called the Attorney General in Massachusetts to find out, left messages and never received a call back. I think the problem is that know one really knows what the law says exactly and they all have a different interpritation on it if they do. Ifind that here in Rhode Island the police have better things to do than harass re-enactors with flintlocks.

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

I love how NYC has its own rules from NY state. I live 50 miles north of NYC and we can own rifles with no permit, and "antique" or replica muzzloaders (handguns or rifles) require no permit either.

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

I love how NYC has its own rules from NY state. I live 50 miles north of NYC and we can own rifles with no permit, and "antique" or replica muzzloaders (handguns or rifles) require no permit either.

Uhh, carefull Kian, I think for NY state, the flinter handguns are ONLY ok if you do not have the means to send a bullet out the barrel, in other words, you might be ok if you have Black Powder, but if you have a ball that fits the gun, then it does fall under the NY state requirements for it to be listed on a valid Pistol Permit. I wish it were not so, because if you have a pistol AND a rifle that have the same caliber, you are up the creek, even if you never 'live' fire the pistol with ball, you have the balls that you use for the rifle, and they will work for the pistol, so you need a permit. anyway, that is my understanding.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I