best place for pirate information

Milamber

One of the best sites is www.noquartergiven.net. Extensive list of links to merchants and other piratical sites; book and movie lists; and an up-to-date calendar of events of interest. Plus lots of other fun stuff!

Another good site is www.cindyvallar.com/pirates.html. Ms. Vallar writes a monthly newsletter about some aspect of pirate history. All her articles are archived on the site.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm inclined to agree with the Royaliste. My eventual game plan is to get OFF every e-mail list I'm on: with the exception of this present forum, and my own Seadogges list, which covers the nautical gamut (not just piracy) from the 1580's to the 1820's.

If you scroll down in each Topic section on the present list, you'll find piratical topic after piratical topic, and if there's not a response on the topic you're pursuing that satisfies your search, just add a response or post a New opic, and watch the info come pouring in!

The Seadogges are at http://www.Seadogges@yahoogroups.com, and I heartily welcome you aboard!

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 1 month later...

Avast there ye swabs,

If it be pirate info ye be seeking av a look at:

www.pubcat.org.uk

It's a while since Oi've had a chance to update the site, but there's plenty for'ee to look at including the near legendary "Encylopedia Pyratica"

Arr!

Keep the black flag flying!

:lol:

Cap'n Redbeard

P.U.B.C.A.T.

Piratical Union of Buccaneers Corsairs and Associated Trades