Dutch Sailing Barges Clog the Hudson

Island Cutter

Oi Mates,

For those of you in the NYC - Hudson Valley Region, this is a must see event.

For some odd reason, this has not gotten much media attention, and I only found out about it through a recent Boat Club Newsletter...

Dutch Barges on the Hudson

This coming MONDAY, September 14th, the vessels will be moored at Nyack Boat Club. I am seeking permission from NBC for Pub Members to visit, and to see these magnificent vessels first hand. Please contact me if you might be interested in visiting.

On Tuesday, September 15th, they sail for the City of Peekskill for a large, public event. this will also be a great place to see the ships and I would bet that they would get a real kick out of seeing some visitors in period garb.

The ships will continue up the Hudson to Albany, then it's back to Manhattan... and then back to Holland.

Port%20Washington%208x.jpg

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

When will they be where? I haven't found any information except for when they were going to be in NYC and I wasn't going to try... I did want to see the half moon again... You know, half moon marauders and all...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

When will they be where? I haven't found any information except for when they were going to be in NYC and I wasn't going to try... I did want to see the half moon again... You know, half moon marauders and all...

The Half Moon will be in Albany on Saturday, Sep. 26 (corrected date) with a colonal camp set up nearby (I'll be one of the colonists). The Barges are supposed to arrive at Albany on Sunday the 20th. The barges' full schedule is here.

Mark

Edited by MarkG

ah bugga. Why does everything have to happen that weekend? Maybe I'll journey to Albany on my own on Saturday. Anyone else going to be there?

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

Nah, Mark got his dates mixed up, he is out to the Half Moon this weekend (or that is what he told me on the phone yesterday), Mark will be out for the Santa Maria event next weekend.

No, I was at Jamestown this weekend, the Santa Maria next weekend, and the Half Moon the weekend after that when it is in Albany.

Mark

So wait- the half moon isn't in Albany till the 26? I'm sorry- I can't find the schedule.

If it's not till then, my crew might be interested in going up there if there is a contact...

So wait- the half moon isn't in Albany till the 26? I'm sorry- I can't find the schedule.

If it's not till then, my crew might be interested in going up there if there is a contact...

M'Lady, this may help:

Halve Maen - Fall Schedule

I did get some images of "Onrust" as well as many other Dutch Barges that came into Nyack yesterday evening (09/14/09)...

Dutch Barges in Nyack

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."