Need Help with a Pistol part

captscurvy_nc

I have a CVA .50 cal. Plains pistol. It was a kit that I bought and put together but the wedge tenon (thank you Cascabell for helping me with the right term) is missing. I called Dixie Gun Works and Deer Creek but no luck. Deer Creek keeps telling me I need a piece called a dove tail that I drill through myself but I know what the missing piece looks like because this was the second kit I had built of this style.

_________

\________/ Looks like that but hollow on the inside so the wedge pin would fit through it and the piece itself slides into a cut on the underside of the barrell. Does anyone know where I can get this piece from and hopefully before Sept. 18th?

Check out Track of the Wolf. they are generally best for parts.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I have a CVA .50 cal. Plains pistol. It was a kit that I bought and put together but the wedge tenon (thank you Cascabell for helping me with the right term) is missing. I called Dixie Gun Works and Deer Creek but no luck. Deer Creek keeps telling me I need a piece called a dove tail that I drill through myself but I know what the missing piece looks like because this was the second kit I had built of this style.

_________

\________/ Looks like that but hollow on the inside so the wedge pin would fit through it and the piece itself slides into a cut on the underside of the barrell. Does anyone know where I can get this piece from and hopefully before Sept. 18th?

Yeah, sometimes it seems Erwin's got a different name for everything ^_^

That said, if he doesn't have the piece you need, you gotta hit the boards.

Have you posted on the Traditional Muzzleloading Forum already?

I'm assuming you've already contacted CVA, no? CVA Parts

I'd give Track a call 763-633-2500 . I just checked their website and they have a lot of listings for wedge pins. Calling them would make sure you get the right one.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Thanks for all the help. I'll call track of the wolf today. Capt. Bo I did send you a msg. I'm just glad I took it apart to check all the parts before someone fired it. Funny but sad, the gunsmith here in Raleigh told me if I couldn't find the part just wrap duck tape oner the barrel and stock since it doesn't kick much....Don't think I'll be going back to him any time soon.

Funny but sad, the gunsmith here in Raleigh told me if I couldn't find the part just wrap duck tape oner the barrel and stock since it doesn't kick much....Don't think I'll be going back to him any time soon.

No $#!%!

Duct tape isn't historically correct! Use a strip of linen cloth! ^_^