2004 Blackbeard Festival - Hampton VA

Hellava

Uhh,....ummmmmm,......(titch), errrrrrrrr..... OKAY!!!!

You all gets to flog me. Seems we won't be able t' make it to Hampton. Crispy still hasn't landed a job an' th' monies is getting tight. I was so lookin' forw'd t' goin an' meetin' everyone. Just raise a tankard or two fer me an' bring back lots o pictures.

Sniffle, sniffle......

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we still get to flog you? :ph34r:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Four hour ride one way with a 4 yr old.......stay for a little bit....and another 4 hour ride back (he may sleep for a bit)....not too good.

Ok then. . .

Well I mean 4 hours one way is, um, 4 hours one way and a good enough excuse for me, ouch.

HUMMMMM...

granted i'm not with a with a 4yr old...but i will be driving 4 hours fri morn, attend the ball, leave at 11pm to drive another 3 hours to salisbury, md, wake up at the butcrack of dawn to ride 60 miles on my bike saturday, another 40 on sunday, then a 5hr (with traffic) trip home :)

anyone is welcome to join me lol

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

life is good :) :D

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

ONE WEEK UNTIL HAMPTON!! :D

I'll be checking into the Radisson in the early afternoon (plan is to arrive no later than 3pm) on Friday, June 4th.

Can't wait to meet you all! :D

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

Okay, I think I may have just lost the actor who was going down with us to play the bailiff at the trial at Hampton (Im understudying Capt Brand). Anybody with appropriate garb what's going down game to do this? Its only a couple of lines, but ya does gets to go to the period dinner on board a ship.

Z :)

Zorg-

Drop me a line on the cell

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Zorg-

Drop me a line on the cell

Gotcha...

Just had a conversation with John Glass, who coordinates the renactors for Hampton. If we're willing to be townsfolk for the festival and fill in the pyrate camp, he's reserving us 11 spots in the period dinner sat night aboard the Kalamar Nyckel . Its period, so its garb only, and ye'll have to bring yr own trencher and utensils (no plastic plates).

To answer a question: There are no peace tie regulations, etc. They do, however, want all steel to be in sheath or scabbard, and firelocks that are to be discharged (there's a point at which the pirate camp unloads on a british longboat) must be inspected and tagged prior to this (to keep things from going boom in a bad way).

Duncan and I are likely to be in the performance, with duncan doin the bailiff and me understudying Capt Brand.

This is gonna be a hoot! Anybody going down got a waistcoate we can borrow? Most of our stuff is slightlly early fer this period.

Z :)

PS can we do a reiteration of who all is goin down and would be interested in participatin and doin the dinner on the Kalamar Nyckel. I know this is rudundant with some of you on here that are already set to participate. What I mostly need to know is who is headed down that they DON'T already know about.

Z :huh:B):lol:

This is gonna be a hoot! Anybody going down got a waistcoate we can borrow? Most of our stuff is slightlly early fer this period.

zorg-

damn it ...my hubby is telling me to go for the whole weekend...b@$*Ard!

i would feel too guilty...

anywho...remember what i wore to flints? would you like to borrow that waistcoat?

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

zorg-

damn it ...my hubby is telling me to go for the whole weekend...b@$*Ard!

i would feel too guilty...

anywho...remember what i wore to flints? would you like to borrow that waistcoat?

I thank ye, Paisley, but I finally sweet talked our costumer inta building me one.

:)

Couldn't ya just send em a donation? :huh:

I tell ya what, if ya comes and stays, we'll all contribute to a pot fer the cause.

I know, Im a bastard..... :)

Okay, so thus far I got:

Selestia

Mad Woman Cheryl

Zorg

Mad Mistress Hawkinson

El Pirata

Silverhearted Maggie

Duncan McGuyver

IndigoJack

Stynky Tudor

Tentative attendees.....

Raven Cole

Captain William

Privateer Pete

Stynky Tudor

Are there any of the above who A) Shant be participating in costume as a reenactor or B) are bringing spousal types also in garb? I needs to be able to tell em about the dinner on the Nickle Saturday nite. The above list does NOT include people already performing at the thang.

A reminder, that dinner is period dress, bring your own period plate and eatin devices.....

Z

:lol::lol::huh: just needs ta know how many uf us thar be :lol::lol:B)

Plans are in the making for getting everyone together for dinner on Saturday night (June 5th) at one of the restaurants nearby the festival.  If you want to be counted in, please let me know. 

Zorg

he's reserving us 11 spots in the period dinner sat night aboard the Kalamar Nyckel he's reserving us 11 spots in the period dinner sat night aboard the Kalamar Nyckel

We need to work these two conflicting sets of plans out

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

Port Tortuga

Zorg,

I will definitely be there Saturday. My initial plans were to only stay the day. But it looks like I've found a way to get home after Sunday’s event ends, assuming that I've got some place to flop for the night. I would love to stay and help out in anyway that is needed. . . Please let me know.

I'm not a reenactor this year and don't have period utinsils. Vidonia deRamalho will be at the festival (she's a pirate from Tales/Pan Historia) and neither does she have the required items.

So don't count us in for the dinner on the Nickel.

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

Actually period dinnerware is pretty easy to come up with. I hit the goodwill yesterday and got two wooden plates and some silverware for $3.

ok guys---i'm gonna have to pull a "cherly" or a "duncan"(snicker)....

something has come up last minute, and i won't be able to drive down for my friday visit....so i expect, AT LEAST, a toast to me and my feet riding 100 miles this weekend.

drink one for me boys!

cheers!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Are there any of the above who A) Shant be participating in costume as a reenactor or :lol: are bringing spousal types also in garb?  I needs to be able to tell em about the dinner on the Nickle Saturday nite.  The above list does NOT include people already performing at the thang.

A reminder, that dinner is period dress, bring your own period plate and eatin devices.....

:

Zorg, We be setting sail for Hampton this morning, I don't know if our garb be authentic enough for the encampment. I'm sure someone will let us know, but we would love to do the dinner. Sat. night.

Indigojack, & Jim (aka Mrs. Indigojack

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

I shall be pulling into port tween 2 and 3 at Ye Olde Red Roof. Anyone who is around feel free to drop me a line on the cell @ 301.674.5999

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

Port Tortuga