Bullies

Jib

I think a few bullies grow up to become adult bullies. They get a taste at abuse and keep it up. I have encountered a few adults who like to use intimidation and body language to get others to do as they desire. I always imagine these people have very few friends.

• 3 weeks later...

How to define bully bait fat, four eyed, clutz, nerd,and a white dude in a majority black town and school. I was never a popular kid and really only finished school cause I liked band class. That being said I'm better for it now. Taught me patience control and determanation. Rough time then and I don't want it back but it didn't kill me.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 1 month later...

Callenish, you an' me both, man. I was that same size, 5'-11", 210#..., before I was 14! blink.gif (I am the same size now...plus oh, 90# or so). This got me chosen as the target of opportunity for a number of wanna-be bullies, along with my "outsider" status. I played football thru Jr. high, but was also bookish, and not a 'cliquer'. Quit in highschool over the abuse the team was giving to the "band-f@*s" (their term), and other small folk. I cant stand bullies. mad.gif Got in a LOT of fights, but the only two in which I threw the first punch were a couple of times they hurt someone smaller in my presence. And I warned 'em, first. Never started one, never used my fists until they actually hit me. Never quit. (Although there were a couple you could'nt say I won...! wink.gif ) Never had to fight with the same one twice...Man, I wish all y'all outsiders an' I could have gotten together back when. What fun we would have had! I think that cliqueishness, peer pressure, and raging young homones are most of the reasons for bullying. Add in bad parenting, trying to figure out status, and a dollop of sheer meanness in a few, and there we are. Hey, happiness we are now adults, and get ta be pirate kids an' have REAL fun! biggrin.gif