What tall ship is in San Diego, Brethren?

Andre LeClerc

Ok, you west coast brethren,

A mate of mine works at Old Town in San Diego and toured a tall ship there, I know you dawgs and dawgettes can tell me who is there?

I want to sail away into the western sky, with the wind in my face, and salt in me slops, :blink:

Ohhh, I am envious of him now??? :ph34r:

Andre LeClerc

stomp his feet master

of the St. Vitas Dance

file.jpg

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

Got a call from one of our pirates in San Diego, who was out on a sailboat Sunday, watching a three way battle between the Lady Washington, (Interceptor in POTC and occasional target of the Royaliste) the Hawaiian Chieftain (Charter ship and frequent target of the Royaliste) and the HMS Rose (HMS Surprise from M&C- has not battled the Royaliste... YET!) It could have been any one of the three, most likely HMS Rose.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Got a call from one of our pirates in San Diego, who was out on a sailboat Sunday, watching a three way battle between the Lady Washington, (Interceptor in POTC and occasional target of the Royaliste) the Hawaiian Chieftain (Charter ship and frequent target of the Royaliste) and the HMS Rose (HMS Surprise from M&C- has not battled the Royaliste... YET!) It could have been any one of the three, most likely HMS Rose.

Had to have been the HMS Surprise, as he said it was from "Master and Commander",

Thank you very much, Tales, that helped---man, she was a beautiful lady in the pictures, wooo hoooo

Andre LeClerc

"When in the midst of heaving, shipboard fightin, my old pappie use to say----If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin"

I was there last year and toured the Thayer and Balclutha. Beautiful ships. Are they still there?

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I don't be knowin', Nigel.

But I do knows that the Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieften left on the 25th.

But I gots me booty afore they left. Were sorry I didn't have the dubloons t'take a ride.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Actually, the Thayer and the Balclutha are at the Hyde Street Pier in San Francisco. The Thayer is undergoing some extensive restoration at the moment, so all music concerts for the next year and a half will be on the Balclutha. San Diego has the incredibly lovely ship, Star of India.

It's great to see communities that appreciate and maintain their maritime heritage, unlike Seattle. We have Thayer's sister ship, the Wawona, docked at the south end of Lake Union. She's in sad shape, and the city would like her to move, because she's "not pretty". So, some of us have been trying to raise money (and media attention)for the restoration. We've already had one benefit which netted us a bit of money (thanks in no small part to the Pyrates of the Coast, who squeezed the audience within an inch o' their pocketbooks), and we're plannin' another on April 16th. Anyone interested in attendin' or playin' can email me.

Fair winds,

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

I've toured the Balclutha in San Francisco and the Falls of Clyde in Honolulu; both big, steel-hulled Cape Horners and wonderful ships in their own way. Read Sterling Hayden's (yes, that Sterling Hayden) novel "Voyage" for a wonderful yarn about living on those beautiful, brutal ships. The problem with the steel-hulled, steel-masted ships rigged with steel cable, is that they don't creak like a wooden, hemp-rigged ship.

Of course, my mistake. How silly of me. I got me Saints mixed up. What was I thinking?

Musta been the rum.

I stand corrected.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I just got an email from one o' me favorite new pirates. Recently she joined up with the crew of the Lady Washington, and says a handful of them are at the NewPort beach library using the internet. :huh:

As for the Wawona, I pass by her every couple days on the way home. I've never been aboard her, but I can see the masts and some sort of large white canvas covering her. A real shame, that. And don't get me started on the Kalakala. :huh:

Seattle (or at least the media) does seem to be interested in restoration and mysterious artifacts. All ye's got t' do is make it into a public controversy.

I'll attend any benefit for a tall ship, Trapper. Do let me know when you have more info and/or the time draws closer. :huh:

Good Plunderin'!

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif