table plans

silas thatcher

since the rest of my encampment is lacking in a few things, mainly tables and chairs, i am looking into making or buying a few things... in the pic below, i am fancying the design of the red table and chair ( stool ?) in the foreground...

i saw quite a few at paynetown and never dawned on me to bother asking about them... ( ok-- i'm slow ) i figure that they fold up for easy storage...

anyone have this kind of table set up ?? and anybody have any plans ??

DSCN3328.jpg

hey mate, our own sutlerjim makes the red set and they are beauties. he made a set of 24 inch wide benches for us and they are great. i have not seen the plans anywhere so i cannot advise on their construction. for larger groups and a bit more stability with fidgety kids I'd suggest the brown set, or tressell(sp?) type. they are a bit more solid and will stand up to kid poundings.

I see camp furniture at pretty much every rendezvous or other historical event I go to. But I seldom see anything other than tables like the red one for sale. So I would conclude that most people are making their own furniture. Smoke & Fire has a good selection of plans.

i really like the table red handed jill posted in the trestle table in a box thread, nice work jill !! right now i am toying with her design to make it fold in half lengthwise and try to use the void created when folded to store the legs... no real rush right now... just toying around until i come up with the one i want...

I make authentic colonial benches and tables. Right now we have a 6 foot table with removable legs, it looks like something you might see in a dining room. I made 4 one person benches, and a basic chair. I'll post a picture later today. the benches can be shipped without issue, if you are interested, but the table is another story...

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

i really like the table red handed jill posted in the trestle table in a box thread, nice work jill !! right now i am toying with her design to make it fold in half lengthwise and try to use the void created when folded to store the legs... no real rush right now... just toying around until i come up with the one i want...

Silas, that plan exsists, I have seen it but I am sure you can find it some place on the internet.