What pirate items for the kit would you like to see?

Jib

What items do you need to fill out your kit that you find almost impossible to locate? We all know that shoes are tough but what other items do you hope to find at every event you attend only to discover them when you have no cash? These need not be 'period' items or even garb. Toys, books, pottery, items of interest and education. What ever. Who knows, perhaps a fellow ship mate can direct you to the source or a vendor take up the call to sell such an item???

I saw a Japanese doll made of string. It looked much like tiny voodoo doll complete with a hook, patch, and peg leg. The guy who had it told me it was given to him by a friend. I found similar in Japan during a visit in 2007 but never the pirate.

1. Redware. You can never find it at an event, but on the off chance you do it is way over priced.

2. Iron cookware. All of it is priced too high. Having trained as a blacksmith I know how much this stuff should cost, and most places way over charge. At the moment I have no access to a forge or I would be producing goods at a reasonable price.

I guess these are all of my complaints for the moment....

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

Clothing is one thing I don't ever need to find. The wife is a twenty-year seamstress specializing in historical costuming. Everything she makes is 99.9% dead on for what ever time period you want.

However I was thinking about this, Pewter good such as plates, spoons, bowls, salt cellars, etc. I may be obsessed with eating...

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

I don't seem to see many sailor's short jackets about.

Actually, garb for less than a pyrate king has always seemed lacking...

My seamstress figured out prices for short jackets, half and long. Cotton, Cotton Twill, Fine Wool. they are semi custom so email me with specs and i'll give you a price

Asolfr

Captain of the Blacktyde

Purveyor of Asolfr's Workshoppe

"If I don't have it, i'll find it

If I can't find it, i'll make it

If I can't make it, I'll steal it"

So says Asolfr the Pirate

I would like some period knives for cooking... Also every-day things, combs hair-pins, tooth brushes, um... little things, that way if my bag comes spilling open, it isn't my bright pink toiletries that fall out.

I agree I would like to see more gents in short jackets, but I am making some for my boys in some fashion or another so I worry not for them.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

I would like some period knives for cooking...

Interesting thing is how often true period knives are compared to current kitchen knives. Take a look at trade knives: a 12 inch trade knife (7-8 inch blade) is a fine chef's knife, and the smaller companion knife is a perfect parer!