Oh no! Back to the 1706 ASC

Just a brief question pertaining to that glorious little contract.

Any thoughts or opinions on using a striped ticken weave that isn't blue and white? I know the contract doesn't mention color, but do we have any primary sources stating the most common color of ticken? Or would it have been to the discretion of the man issued the patterns? Also horn as a button material? HOw far back do we have documentation for horn buttons?

Thanks!

yr hnrs hmbl & obdnt srvnt

CJ

Hey CJ,

I checked and one or both parts of your questions were touched on in this discussion topic.

I will let this sit for a day or two, if enough of independent discussion ensues, then I;ll leave it, otherwise I will merge this with the previous discussion thread.

Now, as someone (GoF or was it Foxe?) pointed out, there is the below image.... It clearly shows what is likely a striped waistcoat (perhaps or perhaps not a slop contract waistcoat). and to me that waistcoat looks like it is depicted as natural linen with medium brown stripes. (see right hand most figure, and figure in the background to the right).

89027164.jpg

As for the buttons... well that is something I still think we can only guess on, unless someone has some new insight since this was last discussed.

Michael_banner.jpg