Inexpensive shoes found on ebay

I was poking around on ebay this morning and found these shoes listed. They don't look like the best quality. They look very similar to some kids sized shoes that we got for our youngest son a few years ago. The buckle looks pretty lightweight, and they probably use a velcro closure, just like my son's shoes. But they held up pretty well, and looked just fine for the events we were going to then. They wouldn't pass muster with the serious reenactor, but they would be just fine for faires and the like. And at 30 bucks plus $13 for shipping, they may work out for someone who is just starting out.

Edited by Sjöröveren

I have a pair of these from Mary and I love them. However, the buckle is really cheap and both buckles have now fallen off my shoes. Under the buckle are two strips of fake leather that cross over one another. (There's an elastic strip underneath them.)

Does anyone have a suggestion for where I could get a buckle that would replace my broken ones? I thought about buying expensive shoes, but I find these are really quite comfortable. Plus they're getting a nice worn look which I really like.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well, if these are the same as Mary's shoes, then they are decent quality. I bought a pair from her, but they were a bit small for me. That was before I had gastric bypass surgery, and now even my feet are smaller! So these may work again. But if I buy them, I'll buy them from Mary if she still has them. Gotta support your friends after all!

Mission, would a regular shoe buckle work on these if you got rid of the elastic strap? If not, maybe any buckle of the right size and shape, and with a center bar would work?

But if I buy them, I'll buy them from Mary if she still has them. Gotta support your friends after all!

Mission, would a regular shoe buckle work on these if you got rid of the elastic strap? If not, maybe any buckle of the right size and shape, and with a center bar would work?

Hear, hear! Buy from those you know.

I wondered about a regular buckle being able to work. Could someone bring an extra buckle to Paynestown so I could play around with it? I don't like the center bar set up - that's why they fell apart in the first place. Or perhaps I could try gluing the buckle back together...

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg