Authentic Coffee Beans for Sale

Authentic 18th Century Whole Bean Coffee For Sale.

3627687000_d477e95a1d_m.jpg

Fire roasted in my reproduction coffee roaster at living history events around the mid-west, this is as close to 18th century coffee as one can get without traveling back in time!

3627687080_dbf721885f_m.jpg

These are single origin beans chosen to compliment the fire roasting process, roasted to a full city with underlying chocolate and spice flavors of cinnamon, cloves & pepper. These beans brew a beautiful cup of coffee, the prefect addition to your mornings, no matter what time period you live in.

All proceeds benefit the educational efforts of Black's Coffeehouse, and allow me to continue sharing the history behind this simple drink at living history events around the country.

$6 for 8oz

$12 for 1lb or

$24 for 2 lbs

Plus priority shipping.

Paypal payments to choleblack at yahoo dot com preferred.

Enjoy!

Chole

Edited by CrazyCholeBlack

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

What kind of coffee beans are they?

Arabica, Robusta, Klingon, etc?

Klingon :P

These are single origin arabica beans chosen to be both from a historically accurate location and to brew the most flavorful cup given the intricacies of the fire roasting process.

Chole

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

All I have to say is... WOW! I will be ordering some very shortly, but I'll be afraid to brew it.

If you could pardon my ignorance, what is the best, most historically accurate way to brew coffee? With this coffee, i don't know if I could put it in my modern machine and feel OK with it.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

what is the best, most historically accurate way to brew coffee? With this coffee, i don't know if I could put it in my modern machine and feel OK with it.

Not unlike today, in the 17th & 18th centuries there was more than one "best" way to prepare true coffee. The two main forms, Infusion (extraction by steeping or soaking) or decoction (extraction by boiling) each have their benefits & drawbacks. At Black's Coffeehouse we choose to follow a decoction method first published in 1716, which continued in popularity well into the early 19th century. I've found this makes a superior pot, is easy to produce in large quantity and gives me an excuse to have all sorts of neat coffee production tools :P

However, no one should feel badly about using these beans in what ever brewing method they prefer. They make an excellent cold brew, French press and one of the best cups from an espresso machine I've ever tasted. I've even had more than one visitor to the coffeehouse eat the beans like candy :rolleyes:

Chole

I've even had more than one visitor to the coffeehouse eat the beans like candy ;)

Chole

Oh... any chance these will be coming in chocolate covered any time soon. YUMMY.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Oh... any chance these will be coming in chocolate covered any time soon. YUMMY.

You can always chocolate cover them youselves. However, since confectionary chocolate wasn't around until well after my focus period, it's not something I, personally, will ever be making or selling.

The current batch of beans is almost gone, grab it now or wait until I roast again in August!

Chole