PRAYERS!!!!!

Felt that this needed to be passed along ...not sure if it had already been posted elsewhere !!!

"Mates, I would like to ask a great favor of you all. In the early hours of this morning, my son was returning home from a 4th of July party and was shot three times by an unknown assailant. He was hit in the neck, chest and shoulder, and is in severe critical condition in the ICU at the Medical Center in Columbus, GA. It seems the bullet that hit his throat punctured his carotid artery as well as another artery which I can't remember the name of, and the one in his chest punctured his right lung.

Please, mates, if you could all find it in your hearts, keep my son Brandin in your prayers. His mom and I have been at the ER since 3:30 a.m. and have just come home long enough to shower and sleep just a bit, and we'll head back up in the morning to be with him. We have been worried sick, and we still have a long way to go yet before we're out of the woods.

Mates, as crusty and dark as I look in my pics, I believe in the Almighty and His mercy, and the power of prayer. Please remember him and my family and me as we try to get through this. I would so greatly appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Captain Midnight"

Please add your prayers to help the son of one of our own!!!!!!

Edited by callenish gunner

OH, I am sooo sorry to hear this, and I hope Captain Midnight's son has a full and complete recovery. He has all the prayers I can send, with fingers and toes crossed as well, for both his son, himself and his wife.

Edited by Ransom

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Tragic... so much senseless violence...

My thoughts are with him and his family...

Reading a post from myspace, it sounds as if his condition has improved, thank god.

He posted on myspace:

Dear friends,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update on my son Brandin. The doctors removed the ventilator today, as he is now breathing on his own, although he is in severe pain. He awakened this morning right after they removed it, and he actually spoke to my wife and I, which was a blessing, as there had been concern that the bullet that hit him in the throat might have damaged his larynx, but it was not. Two agents of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) came to interview him when they found out that he was conscious, and he was able to identify his attacker, who was immediately taken into custody without bond when the agents left the hospital.

Although Brandin is in severe pain, we have seen small improvements today. He has a drainage tube in his chest, and if we can get it to run clear, he may be moved to a real hospital room tomorrow. His mom and I are keeping our fingers crossed on that one. I feel like if he can get into a room, that is a major hurdle he will have come over, as it would mean that he has improved enough to be moved. One of the bullets is lodged in the joint of his left shoulder, which has made him unable to use his left arm. We are uncertain if it is nerve damage, or something that can be corrected and heal once the bullet is removed (if it can be at all). He still has a very long road to recovery.

Mates, I want to thank you all for the outpouring of prayers, support, and kindness that you have all shown me and my family. You all just do not know how very much I appreciate you all. It REALLY means the world to me, and I love you all for it. Please just continue to pray for him and us, as I think that is the greatest thing anyone can do. Please know that I will never forget everyones' kindness, and I will always go out of my way to help any of you mates who ever need me for ANYTHING, any way I can. Thank you so much for all of your love and kindness. I will try to keep an update here as we find things out.

Kindest regards,

Captain Midnight

Lets pray for the best.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Please accept my sympathy for this horrible event.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

We all play soundrels here but I believe that we all have good hearts. I've been away and occupied with mudane affairs so I didn't even see this until today. Glad he's doing better and glad they got they bastard what did it. My continued prayers will be with him and you and all your family.

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

to midnight and family,

best wishes and prayers to ye.

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

My condolences to midnight and family, there is no reason for such things to happen in this world. I do indeed hope that his son has a speedy recovery, and that the family can soon rest a little easier.

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Thoughts and prayers for your son and yourselves. I always pray to Saint Jude for intervention and healing and will add you all in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...