Recent Projects

I would like to share some of my recent projects. I will continue to add to this thread as I create more for my attire. If you would like a "How to" Please ask and i'll share

My shrunken head flask. I plan on wrapping the bottle in leather here pretty soon

DSC00850.jpg

Grenados

DSC00851.jpg

5nnihz.gif

A lot of things I purchase are cheap. You know the economy and everything I have had to slice my budget. So these things are relatively inexpensive to make.

Ill start with the flask.

I purchased a vinegar and oil bottle which had a spout for .75 cents at a local thrift store.

I used a rubber cork from a wine bottle as the cork for this flask. I had to shave away the bottom bit to fit in to the opening (3/8 of it)

I drilled a hole and ran black hemp Spool of black hemp through this cork and tied it to the neck.

pirate004.jpg

The neck will eventually have latigo wrapped around it to tie to my belt so you wont notice the hemp on the neck.

The shrunken head is not attached in any permanent way to the cork. The head will be attached to the belt but will cover the cork.

I plan on wrapping it in leather similar to this

l_4b78686187344e31a7215efb8406a01b.jpg

The grenadoes:

Very inexpensive to make. glass bottles from Michaels (.99 cents each)

bevfabriccrafts_2057_966783643.jpg

pirate001.jpg

Comes with the cork I drilled a hole and inserted black hemp for a fuse. I plan on making an authentic looking wooden cork when I pick up some whittling tools.

I used Acrylic glass paint the colour is "Burnt Sienna" which was the closest color to terracotta they had. Now this paint takes 21 days to dry if you do not bake it so it does get hard and chip resistant.

pirate002.jpg

I will strap one of these babies to my belt like so

pirate003.jpg

Edited by BlaggardMike
5nnihz.gif

• 1 month later...