Hats

LadyBarbossa

Need a little help on how to stiffen wool felt (which I found a wide variety of colors at a local fabric store) without wire.

I want to make some hats from the wool felt I found.

Anyone have any good ideas or positive feedback on how to stiffen the wool felt? As well as how to make both the high & short as well as the large & small crowns?

Thanx,

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

How are you constructing the hat? Are you making two seperate brims and so on? If you are Buckrum works like a dream. I use it to stiffen brims of hats. It's in expensive, and holds up well.

Some folks use Spray Starch, but if your near water, it would suck, because it can run. Try buckrum, it comes on rolls and some Bridal Supply places carry it. I know where to buy it locally here in Ohio, worse come to worse.

Izzy

My mind is still pondering what they will look like. But I was thinking of a couple cocked hats trimmed in a variety of things like lacing, feathers, ribbons, etc.

I'll have to take a look at it. TY.. I appreciate it. I'd like to make a hat with a matching coat or even outfit. Would be rather fancy.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & commander of the Resurrection

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!