Imput

Isabella

Hi,

I've got a few good questions. :)

Handicap accessable?

My best friend recently had to start using a power scooter. She and I were talking about going to PIP, but we want to make sure she would be comferable, and happy attending in her scooter. Have you seen others in Scooters/Zippies (power wheel chairs)?

We're also discussing putting up a page on hanicap accessable events for enactors/fairegoers, and the ins and out of it, so that even those in wheel chairs or on crutches can attend.

If you can offer imput that would be wonderful!

Izzy

I was PIP this year and a fellow brethren was in a wheelchair but he went through the event with no problems I was aware of. Anything we did the had stairs i.e. Mel Fisher's, the art gallery all had wheelchair accessibilty. The rest of the events were in the open historic wharf area . I see no problems there, however I think the sailing cruises might prove tricky. Other than that plenty of fun fer a few more brethren.

Hope to see ye next year.

Cheers

To The End Of Thee World or Wherever We Happen To Spin Off

I'm off to see the elixir.

The wonderful elixir of ours.

Olaf!

Thank you exactly what I was looking to hear. :) :) I appreicate the imput! :) My best friend can walk but it's shakey currently. We are hoping for the best with her, since this is a new progression of her condition. Hopefully she'll be strong enough to wonder on her own power by then, but I do thank you very much for your imput!

I'm counting days now! Hope to meet you there!

Izzy

The Goldcoast Pirate Faire at Ojai CA is wheelchair accessable, however the event is held on grass, so pirates on wheels that are not power-driven might want to have a crew in tow that can take turns at the helm and do a bit of pushing.

The Hampton Blackbeard Festival in Hampton VA is wheelchair accessable and about 95% of it is on concrete, brick pavers and wood, so it is an easy roll. The Venitian Market portion is on grass.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Short note here...Gary was t e breathern in the wheelchair at pip..he got around fantastically...and did go on a sail with us on the Wolf...

Rogue's Pierre

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

• 2 weeks later...

Isabella,

If you get down here to Key West and decide that your friend just can't make it without help, you can always contact Access Key West, they rent scooters, walkers and wheelchairs, The 'Keys Krawler is a 3 wheeled scooter that is hand painted. If you want information, the phone # is 800 879 1961.

:blink:

Amy

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

• 1 month later...