You are shipwrecked! Part 6

Jib

If you choose to flee the Boar charges you and manages to gore your leg with its tusks before you escape. You take one wound.

If you fight the Boar and have a weapon you manage to kill the brute but take two wounds in the battle. You also earned yourself a pork meal (BACON!). If you don’t have a weapon you take two wounds and the Boar flees (tough Pirate!). Remember you can only take three wounds before dying and you arrived on the island injured with one wound.

If you retreat and return with a plan to trap the beast you flee but the Boar manages to gore your leg with its tusks before you escape. You take one wound. You then circle back, dig a pit, fill it with sharpened stakes, and cover it with palm fronds and return to entice the Boar again. True to form he again charges, this time into your trap. You have earned yourself a meal of pork (HAM!).

Remember if you have the mongrel dog she can take one wound for you. She will die in the encounter protecting her new master.

The healing elixir the Indians traded with you just might come in handy about now…

Two weeks pass and you awake one morning to the sound of voices (perhaps warned by your parrot companion?). You move toward the voices certain that the Indians have returned to rescue you. What you discover is a group of twelve rough looking sailors and a long boat on the beach not far from your camp. The sailors appear to be merchant seamen and seem to be speaking Dutch among themselves (what little you can understand). Out beyond the surf you see a large fluyt. If you have a spyglass you can see the ship is named “The Maiden of Curacao” in what appears to be Dutch. You notice them looking about a see that they have brought a few empty barrels with them.

What do you do? Do you call out to them an approach? Do you attack them? Do you attempt to sneak up on them and steal from them? Do you just sit back and watch them from the tree line? If you have the strange rosary do you consult it? Did you bring your parrot companion?

Well, the friggin black boar follows me back to camp and so I am stuck with Jesse Jackson. He proceeds to tell Mister Prostitute about the moral imperative about stopping the “Man” and how the true path can be found by following his footsteps…and yatta…yatta..yatta. At the end of two weeks I become an advocate for cannibalism. Just as Jesse is about to comment on how he actually wrote that speech, the Dutch arrive.

Yelling, Thank God Almighty Free at Last, I push Jesse over to negotiate with the Dutch. This initially goes very well but breaks down into a heated argument over the name of a city on the North American Seaboard, with the Dutch claiming it is New Amsterdam and Jesse demanding that it is Hymie Town. Meanwhile Mister Prostitute and I investigate the barrels they brought ashore. Turns out the barrels aren’t empty; they are filled with floppy disks. OMG they are software PIRATES! Fortunately, the compass in our long boat has a magnet and so we are well armed to deal with these fellows. Looking out to sea we see the fluyt. At which point Mister Prostitute says she is well adept at handling all kinds of fluytes. Knowing from the last few weeks she is speaking with first hand experience we decide to make their ship our own.

With Jesse distracting the Dutch on the beach, we take our own long boat out to the fluyt. During the row Mister Prostitute asks why we were still on the island if we hand our own long boat? I remind Mister Prostitute that she is an ancillary character and her life expectancy is suspect since she is wearing a red shirt. Understanding the predicament she was in, she quickly removes her shirt, and then…well we didn’t make it out to that damn fluyt after all.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

GreyDog, yer too damned funny!

Alright....

If I'd a gone huntin' fer that boar, I'd have been prepared I'd think. I had some spears and a musket, and an axe... and a rapier... not that the rapier would have done much good on such a beast.

As you have it, I'd either take two wounds or I loose my dog and take one wound, which means I have bacon and dog for a meal.... (Dog is a fine meal ya know... :unsure: )

As for wounds... lots of time seems ta pass between things... wouldn't all these wounds heal in that time?

So, there be a dozen Dutchies on my beach, eh?

I'll be wary an' watch them for a time... if they seem friendly enough and not acting suspiciously, (I assume they're after fresh water?) When they're look like they're ready to leave and haven't discovered me, I'll make myself known to them, no-threatteningly. (How could one person be a threat to twelve o' them?) Why wait til they're done? Well, I'd think they'd be tired out from whatever work they just finished, so mot so 'jumpy'...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

If you fight the Boar and have a weapon you manage to kill the brute but take two wounds in the battle.

Trying to kill the piggy with a knife or ax, sure you'd take some wounds..... I'm shooting the piggy with a musket tho....

A Merchant ship ye say?....

I have the canoe that I got when I killed them heathen Cannibals.... I'm going to watch them Dutchies as they are getting water,and see wot else they may be up to......, and then wait until dark, and reconnoiter their ship .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...