Shocking Newes from London!

Capn Bob

Someone attempted to make off with the Crown Jewels! All the details are here in the London Gazette, right hand column, about one third of the way down, beginning with "Whitehall, May 9. This Morning about seven of..." It would appear to be the work of that dastardly villain, Col. Thomas Blood.

And you know, since Blood somehow got off the charge of trying to steal the jewels (and to this day, no one knows how he managed that), and since our brave Admiral Captain Henry Morgan was cooling his heels in London at the time, one can't help wondering if the two rogues, steeped in villainy, might have met from time to time. Aye, there's a story...what might they have talked about?

And it occurs to me that, like a lubbery idjit, I forgot the link...so here it be...

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/issues/572/pages/2

Edited by Capn Bob

Damn, thats sharp!

It's a fun idea, but Sir Henry was still in Jamaica in 1671. He didn't return to England until 1672, when was was transported aboard the Welcome to London.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com