Non-PC, but gorgeous corsets!

A couple of years ago I purchased 2 from her also, custom made for my shortness. They are comfortable and beautiful, non PC, but so pretty you'll find a reason to wear them!

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

RedJessi/withoutaname,

I've never worn a corset such as those shown on that site. What kind of 'support' does this type give you if you're ...'excuse the expression'...hangning out there? Just curious.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I've never worn a corset such as those shown on that site. What kind of 'support' does this type give you if you're ...'excuse the expression'...hangning out there? Just curious.

I can tell you... they are FABULOS! She will custom fit it to your measurements and they supports from under your bust, not squashing it down. Stiff, but easy on the rib cage as well.

Pricey and make no mistake… but worth every penny!.

I have three of her pieces and one on the way. Below is a pix of one I have that my Dr will no longer let me wear… collar is removable and it also laced in the back.

BarbossaDress1.jpg

She uses top quality fabrics and custom's her own boning!

BarbossaDress3.jpg

And this is a pix of the style of one she is making for me this month… only mine will be a soft, sage patterened green chenille bodice with a lovely gold and copper striped skirt and cuffs. The arms come off to no longer have the *coat* look and it becomes a corset. She has worked with me and made it so I can wear it with little pressure on my chest so my Dr will approve. As you can see there is NO hanging out there! : D Also, my skirt will be a little shorter and attached like an overdress. It will be more gathered and tie up on the sides as if it were just hiked up under me belt. She has thought of everything to make my life easier with less costume pressure on my body so I can STILL feel a little like a Pirate in these days of Dr's no-no's. :huh:

IronBessCoatDress3.jpg

I adore her stuff!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oooo, bad, very bad! IN A GOOD WAY. She has a lovely green one that would fit me to a T, and it's only $69. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Curse you Red Jessi, for posting such temptations! :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oooo, bad, very bad! IN A GOOD WAY. She has a lovely green one that would fit me to a T, and it's only $69. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Curse you Red Jessi, for posting such temptations! :huh:

Ooooo... go shopping!

We will both wear them to Ojai! :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Me? Go girlie to Ojai? JT would faint! LOL :huh:

Hmmmm, might be worth it, just for that! :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Me? Go girlie to Ojai? JT would faint! LOL :huh:

Hmmmm, might be worth it, just for that! :huh:

I know... wear it UNDER yer shirt! Then have the big revel!

That'll learn 'em!! :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I can tell you... they are FABULOS! She will custom fit it to your measurements and they supports from under your bust, not squashing it down. Stiff, but easy on the rib cage as well.

Pricey and make no mistake… but worth every penny!.

I have three of her pieces and one on the way. Below is a pix of one I have that my Dr will no longer let me wear… collar is removable and it also laced in the back.

BarbossaDress1.jpg

She uses top quality fabrics and custom's her own boning!

BarbossaDress3.jpg

They are beautiful!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

pirateFB.jpg

I've wanted to get me lass something like this for a while.

Well, there is another designer that has stolen her original idea for this Corset/Coat so be sure you get one from Damsel in This Dress to get the best quality you can get. He( the design thief) sells on eBay I believe...

As you can see from the picture above, mine will be similar but with an attached skirt.

Her work is top notch. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Okay, this is the one I'm still pondering. It's $79 dollars, not $69.

Vixen Vines Corset

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I'm thinking of either the Siren or that navy stripe one.

Do they really go in at the waist? I have an hourglass figure, but I've tried on corsets before and so many of them turn me into a cylindrical tube. Could be because my back isn't that wide - I'm top-heavy because of larger breasts, not a larger back. But still, I want to be sure this will conform to my shape rather than disguise it.

RHJMap.jpg

I'm thinking of either the Siren or that navy stripe one.

Do they really go in at the waist? I have an hourglass figure, but I've tried on corsets before and so many of them turn me into a cylindrical tube. Could be because my back isn't that wide - I'm top-heavy because of larger breasts, not a larger back. But still, I want to be sure this will conform to my shape rather than disguise it.

Well, mine have been very waist friendly without being uncomfortable. Send her a note first and ask her. SHe's SUPER nice and will help you figure out if it will work for you. SHe is VERY honest!

here is her home site:

http://www.damseldress.com/

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I confess. I caved and bought the green one with the vine pattern. :lol:

I rationalized that I could also wear it with my steampunk stuff. And ya know, it might look kewl with jeans and a peasant top as well. (You observe, I am REALLY good a rationalizing! LOL )

Jill, post the link to the one you got!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I confess. I caved and bought the green one with the vine pattern. :lol:

I rationalized that I could also wear it with my steampunk stuff. And ya know, it might look kewl with jeans and a peasant top as well. (You observe, I am REALLY good a rationalizing! LOL )

Jill, post the link to the one you got!

Wish I could but since I bought it the link is gone. It's the long waist cincher in navy blue.

RHJMap.jpg

Great - thanks!

Grrrr - a red and white stripe one is now available but it's too big! Waaaah!

But... I decided to take the plunge so to speak and bought the navy pinstriped one.

Ask her to alter it... she will and gladly.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I confess. I caved and bought the green one with the vine pattern. B)

Whoo Hoo! And yeah.... backin the day I worse my corsets all sorts of places. Irish Faires LOVE them and well... I got away with it at Disneyland once or twice under an open bigshirt <_<

Can't wait to see it! At least bring it to ojai!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I am concocting a plan..... <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg