First Time Going To PiP

Niko

Are you finding everything that you need? It helps to post often with questions and to make a checklist of your accomplishments. Never wait until a month out to begin. Make a purchasing and fabrication schedule and stick to it.

I'm finding everything fine. My kit will probably be done around august. Its the girlfriend that seems to be having more trouble with her kit cant find a decent stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And I'm still debating on making my own tent or buying one...I know I want a wedge tent...so I'll need to figure that out. And then all the other little odds and ends like eating utensils and such should be taken care of soon.

My wife has a stay from Jas-Townsend -it's under $100 and she likes it a lot. Not sure it's 100% period cause the front laces up, but it's pretty good IMO.

ihtcbanner.jpg

Mooseworth, the stays from Townsend look to me like a later 18th century style. However, there were front laing stays for our period. They would either be worn with a stomacher or fully closed in front. Having said that, I really doubt anyone will complain about your wife's stays.

Niko, another option to consider are "jumps". For the past 2 PIP's, and other events before I had proper stays, I wore jumps. In a nutshell, there were worn in the home, while ill , for warmth, or while working. Considering the camp setting of PIP, they can be a great option for you.

Their website has changed some. I believe they are calling them stays. Missy Clark is wonderful to work with. If you call her, I'm sure she can help you out.

http://members.tripod.com/BarkertownSutlers/page3.html

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/