Del Tin Armi Antiche

Isabella

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the Del Tin stuff is really very well made, especially for the price.

I've used some of their swords in renfaire demos.

nice work for the most part. :ph34r:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

I have one of their 14th century hand-and-a-half swords (a bit early for pirates, I know). I'm no blade expert, but it seems as well made as any I've seen.

Their web site says there's a 9 month wait for delivery these days, unfortunately.

:ph34r:

The Del Tins are one of the oldest Armories in the world. Their forge has been hot since the 1600's. I remember when Museum Replica's came out. They almost only carried Del Tin and Chris Poor. Then sold out to Atlanta Cutlery and went the way of the cheap scape

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

The Del Tins are one of the oldest Armories in the world. Their forge has been hot since the 1600's. I remember when Museum Replica's came out. They almost only carried Del Tin and Chris Poor. Then sold out to Atlanta Cutlery and went the way of the cheap scape

Yeah, wish they didnt do that. I live close by them and they nothing but junk in the way of good blades.

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

Actually, Museum Replicas was always a part of Atlanta Cutlery. Hank Reinhardt, founder of MR, is one of my oldest friends. The split with del Tin was a business problem, I believe when a different del Tin brother took over the business and he and Hank could not come to an agreement. In time, Windlass Steelcrafts of India bought the company out and Hank stayed on only in an advisory capacity. There was indeed a falloff in the quality of the swords, although the armor made by Windlass was good for the price. Recent reports say that the quality of the swords has increased greatly and is now near to the old standards. Keep in mind, though, that MR has always tried to keep prices within range of what the average college student could afford, so swords are usually of munition quality - trustworthy in combat but without the bells and whistles of a custom-made piece. That said, their pirate cutlass is really cool.

• 4 weeks later...