You are shipwrecked! Part 4

Jib

After adopting your animal companion and returning to your camp you discover the true nature of the beast.

The green parrot speaks a few words of French and is very adept at finding fruits and nuts on the island. He calls out something that sounds like “Je Tem” when happy. The parrot also seems to be good look out and will squawk when something dangerous approaches.

The mongrel dog is loyal and intelligent companion. She has a good nose and appears to be a natural tracker. The dog will defend you and can take one wound that you would have taken in a fight or encounter. Of course by taking the wound the dog will perish.

The tan and black monkey is a little devil! He bites, throws poop, and constantly screams. If you selected the monkey he has managed to steal one of you items and has hidden it. He also stays away from any attacks you might launch at him.

A month passes (or so you believe) on the island. One rainy morning you notice smoke coming from the western beach. Upon reaching the location you discover a group of six Indian fishermen and a canoe. Three of these men are adults, two look like teenagers, and one is just a boy. They appear to be repairing their canoe and cooking a lunch of fish over a driftwood fire on a stony little beach amid the mangroves. You approach them and remain hidden for a time. After awhile you decide they are no threat and approach.

The Indians are surprised to see you but no not appear violent. One of the Indians speaks some Spanish and you are able speak with them. They tell you they are from a neighboring island and suffered from a damaged rudder. They arrived here to fix the problem and plan to return home. They would like to take you with them but there is no room in the canoe. They do promise to return and share a lunch of fish with you allowing you to eat as much as you wish.

After the meal the Indians seem eager to engage in trade with you. They will trade you one of your items for one of their possessions (one for one). They will not trade the canoe. They will not take your animal companion. The items they have for trade include: A set of twelve steel fishing hooks and line. A bottle of foul smelling tonic that they tell you is a healing elixir. A flint and steel in a doeskin pouch. A bow and thirty bone headed arrows. And lastly a short cape of blue, green, and red bird feathers. What will you choose and what will you trade for these items?

If you are a Lady Pirate you may try to use seduction to receive an item in trade for free.

At this point I don't trade any thing ,but indicate a willingness to be friends. They are feeding me something now and I wish to know more beforte I comit

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

One of the Indians speaks some Spanish and you are able speak with them.

Oh, I see, are they from Customer Support? I tried to negoitate with them, but they put me on hold and left the island when I asked to speak to their supervisor.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

They tell you they are from a neighboring island and suffered from a damaged rudder.
They do promise to return and share a lunch of fish with you allowing you to eat as much as you wish.

Fixing a rudder on a canoe?.... canoes don't have rudders.... They are trying to fool me...

And feeding me... is that just to fatten me up so when the rest of them cannibals return....

Obviously they are Cannibals.... So I do the only right thing and kill them all (and take the canoe.....)

A set of twelve steel fishing hooks and line.

A bottle of foul smelling tonic that they tell you is a healing elixir.

A flint and steel in a doeskin pouch.

See.... they have tried this trick before...against some unwary European....

So Killing them all is totally justified............

Actually I was kidding about killing them all in their sleep.

I would separate the strongest from the group and kill him first.

Then lure two of the weaker ones away to help the "injured" indian (that's actually already dead).

Kill them, then start killing them in their sleep and take their poxed heathen canoe.

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Ill keep everything I have as I feel nothing they have is more valuable than anything I have. I have been using my boots to walk on the reef and the musket and bayonet to spear the fish and lobster I see. I have been eating very well and drinking pleanty of fresh water whenever I want having used my barrel to store it. The bag has come in very handy for fish and carrying things in. I sleep with the finger which keeps me forewarned of any danger. The parot has provided a decent companion even if I speak no french, just portuguese

id.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tough call all the way around... I'm in plenty good shape without any trading...

Unless they'll take parrot feathers for something... (it was tasty :P )

and if they do take parrot feathers in trade... I'll take the hooks I think...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org