Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 25 in 2009). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.

us-flag-01.jpg

I salute You!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Here, here. And as we have service men and women who are members of our fine Pub and Pyracy community, the holiday strikes close to home. May we see another year without any friends or family lost.

Raise a glass to the fallen.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

To my Great Uncle Chester...

Chester Glass

Private First Class, U.S. Army

Service # 33066302

550th Airborne Infantry Battalion

Entered the Service from: Maryland

Died: 4-Jan-45

Buried at: Plot F Row 6 Grave 22

Luxembourg American Cemetery

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart

... wish I could have known ya.

Likewise, my dad's brother Uncle Frank...

KVM19666.JPG

Franklin James Macek

Baltimore, Maryland

Born October 14, 1932

Corporal, U.S. Army

Service Number 13333320

Killed in Action

Died June 4, 1951 in Korea

Corporal Macek was a member of Company L, 3rd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy near the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea on November 30, 1950 and returned to duty on December 12, 1950. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on June 4, 1951. Corporal Macek was awarded the Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster, the Combat Infantryman's Badge, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.

:D

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

In Memorial to three of my uncles Liam MacChessney Sgt. Maj. 51st Highland Division, Densil MacChessney Sgt. 51st Highlanders, Cpl. Joshua MacChessney 51st highlanders All lost when England left them to fight the 4 divisions of Nazi's at Battle for St Valéry-en-Caux, Normandy All three Brothers were lost when, outnumbered and surrounded with their backs to the sea, Sgt Maj. MacChhessney lead his forces in a charge against a Panzer division and two divisions of German infantry in a valliant charge with little more than claymores to provide the remainder of the division time to regroup before surrender to spend the next 5 years as prisoners of war. Here's a jar for the uncles I never got to know and the Widows they left behind who raised me.

My Uncle Robert "Bobby" Harvey. Lance Corporal in the Marines. Died from wounds suffered during VietNam. He's buried next to my grandparents, mainly my grandma who recently passed away at the end of September '08.

But still, I do honor both my grandfathers on this day as well. Both of which whom fought in WW2 and lived to ripe old ages.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

We don't wait for one day a year, but take the chance to say thank you to the folks that keep us safe every time it comes up... still heartfelt thanks always to all that have been willing to take the risk or make the sacrifice including my Dad, and all my brothers...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My father did his Vietnam service in the 56th Trans Co...Find em, Fix 'em, Fly 'em, 1964-65. Luckily, he came back home, altho the VC conducted a mortar attack on the airport as he was leaving. He got a scratch on his hand from a shell fragment for which the Army would have given him a Purple Heart, but he turned it down...the wound didn't merit the award, in his opinion.

So a salute to SFC Robert J. Curtis, WW2, Korea, Vietnam...24 years of serving his country. I was and am proud of him, and told him so.

Damn, thats sharp!

Speaking as a Navy Brat..... (Ship Ahoy!)

My Dad put the flag up on every Holiday that Honored it.

Now that he has passed.... I do it for him.

Every Holiday that Honors the Men and Women who served it I run up his flag.

Only... it's in front of my house now. :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif