R.I.P. Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse

I was so saddened to hear this news:

As some of you may or may not know, Mickey Mouse's voice actor for the past 32 years has died.

Wayne Allwine had worked at The Walt Disney Co since 1966, starting in the mail room before he became the voice of the famous cartoon mouse in 1977.

The Walt Disney Co said Allwine died of complications from diabetes. His wife, Russi Taylor, the voice actress of Minnie Mouse, was by his side.

His voice can still be heard at Disney theme parks around the world.

Allwine also voiced Mickey in Mickey's Christmas Carol and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

He won an Emmy Award in 1986 for sound editing on the NBC series Amazing Stories.

He was the third person to voice Mickey - following Walt Disney himself and Jimmy MacDonald.

Allwine once said: "Mickey's the real star."

"You know you just have to love the little guy while you have him, because he won't be yours forever."

He was praised by Walt Disney bosses, with Roy Disney, director emeritus for The Walt Disney Co, saying he gave Mickey Mouse "a heart and soul".

(Source - BBC News http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8060619.stm)

Thank you Wayne for carrying on the torch of a most famous character. You will be missed, but never forgotten. :P

4528_107168377246_735112246_3174507_3081768_n.jpg

christinebarbossagy7.jpg