You are shipwrecked Part 3

Jib

After the tidal bore empties from the cave you go in search of the other two items but find that they must have been carried out to sea. Regretfully you return to your shelter clutching you remaining piece of treasure. Once back you can investigate what you choose in detail.

If you choose to take the silver candlestick holder you discover it is indeed solid silver and weighs in upwards of three pounds. It is well crafted and looks like the type found in homes of royalty with detailed floral patterns. You estimate that if you sell this item in Port Royal it will keep you in drink, food, and pleasant company for at least four months.

If you choose to take the rapier you notice that it doesn’t have a single spot of rust on it despite being found in a sea cave. The blade is flexible and razor sharp. Upon closer inspection you notice markings that indicate the weapon was made in Toledo Spain. The pummel stone is heavy and appears to indeed be a real gem stone.

If you choose to take the sack made of reptile skin and decorated with cowrie shells you discover it contains a rosary made of ivory. However instead of a crucifix a mummified human finger is attached to the end of the rosary. This bizarre and macabre item seems to be more than it appears. After a short time you discover that when you are in the presence of danger the finger which is naturally straight will curl up.

Two weeks pass on the island. If you brought food and/ or water as one of your items you consume the entirety. However you find that by getting a large amount of nutrition into your system you heal the wounds inflicted on you during the shipwreck. If you did not bring food and/ or drink you discover that at least once per day the island is bathed in a brief shower of rain which you can catch in you clothing ( or towel if you are Welsh Wench) and squeeze out for survival. You also manage to catch small crabs on the beach, find a little fruit amid the trees, and bring down a gull or two with a thrown rock. While this isn’t enough food to allow your body to heal you can survive and even stock up a little excess.

The island is beautiful but rather lonely. After awhile you decide to try your hand at hunting to avoid boredom. You have heard tales on bigger game on some of these islands so you head inland. While scouting out the area you do see the tracks of what appears to be wild boar. You also discover that you are not alone on the island. You find a colorful green parrot, a scruffy mongrel dog, and a tan and black monkey. You know that you can provide enough food and water to keep one of these animals as a companion if you want. However you can only keep one (the others must be let go or EATTEN, your choice). Which do you choose?

Ok, so I ate the parrot because he wouldn't shut up, the monky tried to steal some of this freshly cooked food so I ate him too, still thinkin about the dog, and the finger is beginning to look like some exotic jerky.

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

I would keep the dog

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

You also manage to catch small crabs on the beach,

If I am alone how the hell did I catch small crabs on the beach?

See, I did get to take Mister Prostitute after all!

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I keep the dog, eat the parrot (it's tasty not as tasty as Bald Eagle but I make do), however, I have other plans for the monkey which does not cost me any of my food or water. Monkeys always no where fresh water is but they will never take you to it, unless you make them. So I drag a heavy log out to the center of the beach and tie the monkey to it; then I give him nothing but sea water for two days. When I finally cut him loose he takes off leading me to his supply of fresh water.

Edited by Poopdeck Pappy

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

Keep the Dog...

Eat the other two...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Gray you just made me spit soda out my nose!