Pirate Festival in New England

Scarlett Rackham

I thought that some of you may be interested in this so try and keep the date open.

Date Posted: 08:47:47 01/17/04 Sat

Author: Elena, in Producer Mode: dina_elena_shanti@yahoo.com

Subject: Calling All Pirates

Ahoy Rennies!

As you have heard, Pastimes is indeed putting on a pirate faire, and as a co-producer I would like to get the ball rolling (or the ship sailing, as it were) and find out who is available to officially be on board. Remember, Sept 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Right now I am getting a list together of Merchants, Variety Acts, and Conscripted Seamen... er... Volunteers.

Merchants and Variety don't have to be *specifically only* pirate-oriented, just willing and able to adjust what you do or sell to fit the New World seaport of Salem MA. Mid-eighteenth-century is a good reference point, if yer wonderin' where to begin... think sea chanties and jig dances and merchandise from the Indies.

Volunteers will be needed for site-related duties to be named later, once you sign on the dotted line and we get the irons clapped on ye. If you have yer own garb and are willing to do things like sell tickets and park cars, then give me a holler!

Well that's all for now... any questions?

Cap'n Elena Margherita Chianti

(wearing her pirate hat today)

Privateers Guild #619

CTRF :www.ctfaire.com

PCRF

And what would the date be that we'd be tryin' to keep open? It wasn't too clear to me rum-addled brain. Are they saying Sept. 19, 2004, in Salem, MA?

I voyage back to Massachusetts every year to visit me ol' home port, but I usually go in August.

:ph34r: Ahhg! I'd jest be missin' it! Me clan and I go up to MA every summer, but in August. Ah, well. Guess this landlocked lassie's stayin' in the Midwest a while. :ph34r:

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

Scarlett- D'ye know where in Salem this is goin' t'be? I know the town reasonable well. Down on the harbour, mayhap?

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Aye Mr Hawkyns. That would be grand. or at either the Peabody or Pirate musuem. Either way. I say we invade!

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Nay mate- down t' Pickering Wharf along of the Friendship, that would be the place. But nae matter where, m' gunners 'n me'll be there.

Hawkyns

B)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg