A Search for the Devil's Dozen!

So, shoot me if this be in th' wrong spot... hang me if this not be allowed at all. But... I figured I'd pass this along anyways havin' just seen this on MySpace posted by th' infamous Talderoy and reposted by PIRATES Magazine.

Have at it, lasses an' gents!

~Lady B

PS - I don't think it has t' be restricted t' only YO'R Captains. I think ye can nominate anyone's ye know that ye think be deservin' of th' Title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahoy mateys,

There be big doin’s afoot here at Pirates magazine. We’re holding a contest to pick the nation’s best buccaneers. With your help, we’ll scour the globe to find The Devil’s Dozen; 13 scallywags that best exemplify the spirit of piracy. That’s right, YOU can join the ranks to be one of the 13 official Pirates Magazine Devil’s Dozen of 2010. Here’s how the contest works: if you’re part of a cosplay pirate crew, parade group or a pirate reinactor, send in a photo of your captain along with a short paragraph about him (or her). The editors of Pirates magazine will pick twelve captains from east of the Mississippi and twelve captains from west of the Mississippi (Aye, we’re splittin’ the world right in half like a cutlass through a cooked goose!) to comprise a total of 24 captains from which 13 proud pirates will be picked by their peers and the readers of Pirates magazine via www.piratesmagazine.com. So e-mail a photo and paragraph about your captain to me at davenichols@piratesmagazine.com.

Your entry for the Devil’s Dozen must reach us by July 31st, 2009. Watch the Summer 2009 issue of Pirates magazine to see the 24 captains chosen for step one of this here contest and we’ll fill you in on how you can help pick the final 13.

The identities of Pirates magazine Devil’s Dozen for 2010 will be revealed at a lavish pirate banquet during next April’s Fells Point Privateer Day in Baltimore, Maryland. If chosen, you will receive that rarest of all prizes, the Pirates magazine Devil’s Dozen sterling silver ring by Skinny Dog Designs, makers of the Pirates of the Caribbean rings for Disney!

Remember, you must travel to and attend the Fells Point gathering (at your own cost) next year to become one of the Devil’s Dozen, and must be willing and able to vote on important issues in the pirate community such as the naming of the 13th member of this foul company. We’ll also present the Pirates magazine Pirate of the Year for 2010 with THE GOLDEN HOOK!

Sound intriguing? Just think, as one of The Devil’s Dozen ye’ll go down in history without having to swing from a gibbet. You’ll also appear on the Pirates Magazine masthead in our prestigious Order of Leviathan. So get busy and send in a photo and bio on your captain today so we can run this killer contest up the main mast.

--Dave Nichols

Talderoy adds: !!!! A Custom Sword Cutlass by the Famous Tony Swatton of Sword and The Stone www.swordandstone.com and one from renowned MATT Stagmer of Baltimore Knife and sword www.baltimoreknife.com will be presented to the Devil's Dozen and they will then Dice in Pirate Fashion for these blades!!!! This is going to be a high quality yearly event.

OK mates Please repost this fer olde Talderoy Show us yer support and wait until you see the magazine with the 24 Top Pirates we will have the rings on the cover!!!

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

if you’re part of a cosplay pirate crew, parade group or a pirate reinactor, send in a photo of your captain along with a short paragraph about him (or her

Because of this i was not sure about entering this myself..Perhaps First mate can clarify. So I was thinking of entering a friend into the contest though I would love to be in the Devils dozen.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hmmm... Maybe Talderoy can clarify. I've seen th' infamous devil himself pop by th' Pub more often.

:::looks about for either 1st Mate Matt or Talderoy::::

~Lady B

if you're part of a cosplay pirate crew, parade group or a pirate reinactor, send in a photo of your captain along with a short paragraph about him (or her

Because of this i was not sure about entering this myself..Perhaps First mate can clarify. So I was thinking of entering a friend into the contest though I would love to be in the Devils dozen.

MATIE PUT YER BIG BOY PANTS ON AND SEND IN YER PICTURE AND WRITE UP !WHAT DO YE HAVE TO LOSE ? I just wanted to tell some one to put on thar big boy pants ha ha ha

Edited by Talderoy

:rolleyes:

Talderoy, does this count fo' th' ladies, too? Puttin' on their big boy pants? :P

~Lady B

MATIE PUT YER BIG BOY PANTS ON AND SEND IN YER PICTURE AND WRITE UP !WHAT DO YE HAVE TO LOSE ? I just wanted to tell some one to put on thar big boy pants ha ha ha

Big Boy pants Haa! LoL.. Talderoy ~ yer a funny man.... and Ok then..Eye have tyme on my side of the hour glass..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Yes, many good Captains out there. But some good Captains may not be nominated cause their crews don't send in nominations.

~Lady B

Yes, many good Captains out there. But some good Captains may not be nominated cause their crews don't send in nominations.

~Lady B

~Lady B

:::Shrugs::: I say worth a shot fo' that. Tis the title... I says go for it with Dogge, since he's captain of Marines of the Archangel.. pester that lot of Marines t' nominate ye.

~Lady B

:D

Talderoy, does this count fo' th' ladies, too? Puttin' on their big boy pants? :D

~Lady B

We are consider all that send in thar photo and write up. The competition is tough though. Let us know who and why .

So, umm... Talderoy... when the Devil's Dozen be chosen... what be the purpose and reason for these new Pirate Lords?

Will a new group be voted for each year or how does that go?

Curiosity, mate.

~Lady B

So, umm... Talderoy... when the Devil's Dozen be chosen... what be the purpose and reason for these new Pirate Lords?

Will a new group be voted for each year or how does that go?

Curiosity, mate.

~Lady B

Mate! Good questions !The reason mate is that thar are many top pirates out thar that need to be seen due to thar hard work on thar pirate and contribution to the community .We want to raise the bar fer pirates across the globe to see what thar fellow sea dogs are doing.We are honoring those top pirates voted on by thar peers.We are honoring these 13 The Devil's Dozen with a Custom Order of Leviathan Sterling Ring worth over 600.00 and the chance to own a Tony Swatton Custom cutlass and a Baltimore Knife and Sword Matt Stager exceptional scalawag sticker.This contest will be a yearly event for Pirates Magazine. I am no word smith matey, but this is going to be grand!

Edited by Talderoy

Nope, ye said it perfectly, Talderoy. :)

BTW... Talderoy... and everyone at Pirates Magazine.... THANK YOU!!!

I think this will rest once and for all all the self proclaimed Pirate Lords out there. People may still claim to be a pirate lord.. but we all will know who the real Pirate Lords are with the rings at least. :lol:

~Lady B

Talderoy be speakin' true.

The contest is open to all. The "Captain" designation is not to be takin' serious like. If you are a member of Pyracy Pub, thet be goode enough fer the likes of us, sez I wif a curse, wot all. We're lookin' for lads and lasses that are doing something good for the pirate community. If that sounds like you, make yer mark.

Sorry, too much rum.

--Dave Nichols, editor o' Pirates magazine