Time for Change

Harry

It is with a sad and blackened heart that I must pass on to my extended pyrate family that I will no longer have any part in the organization of the 2009 Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest or any organizational part in future Pirates in Paradise events.

The mrs. and I are leaving Key West. My final day with the Florida Park Service will be June 30, 2009. The 16-year Florida "experiment" is over. This personna has expired... it's time to re-invent a new one elsewhere. We are relocating to Arizona where our biological family lives. There are a number of reasons--far toooo many to go into here--for us leaving. But the reasons that I will go into here are that the mrs. needs to be closer to her mom who is suffering from end stages of Alzheimer and we want to be closer to our kids and grandkids. As far as job prospects go, I have none. I will receive a small pittance from the state for my efforts here. My daughter and son-in-law own a service station that has been the victim of break-ins. So, I'm trying to convince her to let me do "pyrate security" for her. I've got cannon, you know! I follow the philosphy of the Big Lebowski... The Dude Abides. It will work out. And, if it doesn't, well, we'll try something else.

I have organized and helped organize a number of events and re-enactments over my professional career while in broadcasting and here with the park service. I can't recall an event that brought my so much joy to me as this one. Could be that it's the group of people participating in the event. All of you are top-notch and you know your characters and your timelines. And, you can follow the rules!! Well, most of you! I know, pyrate...

As far as the organization efforts of the Fort Taylor event, that will be handled by Captain Spike of the Bone Island Buccaneers and the Friends of Fort Taylor. I'm sure he and they will keep all posted on what will be forthcoming. From what I have observed, I believe that this year's show will be equal to or be better than last year.

I shall still visit here from time to time. I may even return to Key West from time to time. I do plan to travel to Blackbeard with the Bone Island Buccaneers and then St. John's Pass. And then... out west.

A giant thank you to each and everyone of you who has touched my life with yours!

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Harry, while we have yet to meet face to face, I was looking forward to so doing when I get to Key West, not to mention picking your brain regarding cannons. Hope all goes well in Arizona, they do have some pirates festivals and you are not too far from a lot of folks on the west coast who do as well.

Fair winds and following seas.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Talk about dropping a bomb... Sorry to hear this Harry. Ye will be greatly missed but the kids and grandkids will be doubly blessed by having ye closer to home. I hope all things work out for the very best for ye and yer lady...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Dear Harry,

It's been a pleasure and an honor to work with you these past few years. You will be so very missed. They say when one door closes, another will open. I hope the new door you walk through will bring you nothing but happiness, love and prosperity. I'm so glad we will see you at Blackbeards.

Fair Winds to you and the Mrs.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Talk about dropping a bomb...

Silkie stands dumbfounded looking at the crater that will be left in your wake. ...Yes I know that is a mixed metaphor it is the message not the words that matter.

Harry,

Thank you. Thank you for your work and having so much playing at work! Thank your lady for her sharing with this family. We shall miss you. I know that being with your biological families will bring you joy, perhaps even as much as your pyrate family. :unsure: I look forward to seeing you at the Blackbeard Festival and am grateful at the chance to say so-long ...not goodbye, for once you have become one of the brotherhood there is no severing the ties ...we know where to find you. :unsure:

Harry, THANK YOU! You have taught me so many things, all of which I will always love, honor and respect you for. It has been my most esteemed pleasure to serve under, work and play with you. I am saddened for selfish reasons, as I will deeply miss the energy you bring to all of our adventures. Sharing your camaraderie, excellent sense of humor and the occasional cigar, are things that I will always yearn for, but your laugh and the look of pride you get after pulling off the improbable against impossible odds are the things that I will certainly miss the most. My only regret is that all I have to offer you is my undying friendship, warmest wishes and most sincere prayers that your new journey leads to happiness for you and your family.

<Proudly saluting

Your brother in "and out" of arms.

Chris

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Oh, Harry! I am so sad to hear you are leaving ~ I am so very glad to have met you, and look forward to seeing you at least one more time at Blackbeard's. You and the missus will be deeply missed, but thought of often and fondly. All the best to you both on your new course ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Sorry Harry, You have not been marooned- you're stuck with us! Boy, wish it was that easy. Harry, even though I only got to spend one festival with you, I had a most enjoyable time. While Spike and the bonies may be partialy filling your shoes, you will be leaving a wonderful legacy behind. See you in Hampton mate!

Well...it won't be the same without you. That's for certain. I would like to personally thank you for setting the stage time and time again to allow us use of the Fort. Your willingness to sell every idea and make every effort to accommodate us has been a boon to us over the years. I hope you enjoy your remaining time in Key West and best of luck on your new life ahead.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Im sorry to see you go. You have been a real asset to kepping things going smoothly, safely, and professionally especially with the larger guns. Hopefully you will be able to visit in December as Viceroy and I have been working on a few things you would really enjoy seeing.

id.jpg

I am dumb struck. Harry, I wish you and the Mrs all the best. You will be sorely missed and you will miss the killing, skinning, and butchering of the cow Patrick and I talked to you about last year. :D:D :D All kidding aside, you are as much a part of the history of the fort as the fort itself. Keep in touch, please.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Harry,

What can I say, our loss is your grand kids gain, Hope all goes well, and you keep us in your thoughts, as you will be in ours. It has truly been an honor getting to know you and working with you at the fort. I look forward to seeing you at Blackbeard's I still need to pry some information from you. And most of all thank you for opening your home to us and letting us have such a grand time playing in your wonderful yard.

Fair winds and following seas mate.

E O'K

Edited by Edward O'Keeffe

Wha'?

Dammit man, you will be missed, both as Master Hairbone and in your role at CW days in February ......

Animal ----- while Harry's been around the fort fer awhile, he's not QUITE as old as the fort, although he has lent a bit of "hysterical character" to the place.

Harry you'll be sorely missed, keep in touch "friend"!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Well, well, just think, Harry will have to work for a change... :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thank you all for the kind words! I do hope to make this year's Fort Taylor event--as a participant--not organizer.

Well, I'm glad that mebbe we'll have a chance ta hoist a tankard if ya do make it. Harry, I really will be missin yer at PIP, and hope yer excursion out West goes well. It has been such a pleasure working with you.

Crudbeard

God's Speed to you and yours, Harry. This is just another journey in a wonderful life. We all will miss you. Do let us know how things go …and do not be a stranger. No matter where you go…your pirate family is still here for you! Wishing you the best.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"