Three Crew Member Openings, Looking to Fill

Alright ya swarmy sea dogs, listen up! I am in need o' three stout heart'd women to be fillin' out the ranks o' m' crew.

Tis a bit o' information ya do be needin' first though afore ya hit the gangplank.

First: This crew be o' the renaissance (faire) frame o' mind. (Though we are branching out to include "Dinner Theaters" in our free time)

Second: We hae two stage shows that we hire out ta perform plus we work in the streets with patrons (lane interactions) at ren faires.

Third: Interested candidates would be takin' on set gem names and would need to provide rainment to match said gem stone color.

Fourth: We are an all female privateer crew (legalized pirates for those that are curious) Sorry blokes, it's nothin' personal.

Fifth: Interested candidates must be willing to attend all meetin's an' rehearsals (this is negotionable around family emergencies and mundane work only, naught other excuses are accepted)

Sixth: The crew is headquartered out of N.E. Oklahoma; with our crew being scattered across Ok and Mo at present.

Seventh: Though this be our hobby/dream job and offers pay and/or compensation, we are very serious about what we do and we all devote a great deal of our time to it. Interested candidates would need the same frame of mind.

Eighth: Interested candidates would need to arrange for an in person audition (Preferred) or a video tape of you in garb and in action. If the party has no experience, that is alright, we can teach you all that you need to know (and then some) to portray a believable privateer. Once this step is completed; candidate would then have to attend a crew meeting in order to not only meet the crew but to also "wow" us in person (this is not optional). When chosen by a majority, new crew must spend time researching not only the time period but also their specific jobs (where applicable), this will be used on a nearly constant basis at an event.

Ninth: Interested candidates that are squeemish, think camping is the Holiday Inn or who can not committee to the amount of personal time and investment, need not apply. I balance mundane work, college classes, owner/manager/webmistress duties and an ongoing relationship. Then, there is my son and family. If *I* can balance all these things; it should be considerable easier for others to balance work, life and the group. Several of the other ladies are also in school and they manage quite well. It can be done! :)

Tenth: The 3 open positions are as follows:

Sapphire, Bosun

Onyx, Rigger

Pearl, Cabin Wench

Names & gem colors can not be switched or changed. Jobs are subject to candidates choice and "piratical education/research" (i.e., if someone has shown zero knowledge about being a Bosun and zero apptitude to do said research, you will not be cast as the bosun). This is not to be hateful but rather, to put the right woman in the right role so that you look and sound outstanding!

Alright then, I think that do take care o' the necessary an' pertinent things. Those interested please send me private missive (e-mail) with the subject line of "TLotSK: Auditions" as I do not open missives from unknown senders (you n'r know when tis your arrest warrent, savvy?) If a certain color strikes yer fancy (dark blue, black or ivory) feel free to put that in the subject line as well. Include your name, why you want to be a privateer, why you think you would be the best woman for the job and your experience (if any). Be sure your missive location (email addy) is working properly; if missives are returned to me (bounce), I will assume you have split the country and are no longer interested in signing aboard ship.

Do contact me post haste if you are interested as our season is about to get underway and you will want time to learn the shows and gather your horde 'round bout you.

I look forward to hearing from interested parties.

With Respects,

Captain Emerald Shaunassey

(Mundanely, the Owner & Manager of Keltic Dragon Productions: "The Ladies of the Salty Kiss")

"Whaddya mean I cannae do that because I be Irish an a woman?!?!? Bloody well hold m' rum an watch this!"

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Captain Emerald Shaunassey Posted on Jan 16 2004, 03:17 AM

Sixth: The crew is headquartered out of N.E. Oklahoma; with our crew being scattered across Ok and Mo at present.

AHHHHH DANG IT!...you had me up until then!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones