Wanna meet Capt'n Jack?

Iron Bess

Okay all you East Coasters with kids... (Wait.... is that Jacky Tar in line???...)

The Pirates League sets sail in Magic Kingdom June 29

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release

April 27, 2009

Calling all scoundrels, rogues and ne’er-do-wells – Captain Jack and the crew of the Black Pearl want YOU. Starting in late June, the Pearl drops anchor in Adventureland for The Pirates League, recruiting and training park guests of all ages in the scurrilous ways of buccaneers. Each guest checking in at the plunder-filled recruitment office gets an official pirate name. Next step is the Muster Station where – after applications of beards and eye patches, scarves and scars, earrings and gold teeth – the new recruits leave their old identities behind. Past a hidden portal and into the treasure cache, the new shipmates speak the pirate oath and have their official “pirate portrait” taken before being turned loose on an unsuspecting Adventureland – and no doubt feeling right at home at the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Boys, girls and grownups ready for the pirate life start the process by calling 407/WDW-CREW beginning May 11. Packages

start at $49.95 plus tax.

----------------------------------------------------------

Yo ho: Pirate makeover coming to Magic Kingdom in June

The new Pirates League will try to do for buccaneers what the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has done for little princesses at Disney World.

The attraction, which will open at Magic Kingdom theme park June 29, will perform swashbuckling makeovers. Participants will receive pirate names before receiving a variety of accessories, including beards, eye patches, scarves, scars, earrings and gold teeth. These will be applied by a "veteran pirate" with sea-sailing tales.

After taking a sacred oath and an official portrait, guests will be part of Jack Sparrow's gang.

There will be three pirate packages.

+ First Mate Package ($49.95): bandana, choice of facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5x7 photo and a "personalized pirate oath."

+ Empress Package ($49.95): bandana, "shimmering" makeup, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, 5x7 photo and a "personalized pirate oath."

+ Captains Package ($124.95): choice of costume, facial effects, sword and sheath, pirate coin necklace, three 5x7 photos and the personalized oath.

The League will be located in the area between the entrance to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and the Pirates Merchandise shop. (Disney says this is currently backstage territory.)

But hang tight, mateys: Reservations cannot be made until May 11.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I be with Syren on the name thing. Is there any allowance for those who already have a kit? An actual pirate reenactor day at the park would be awesome. Not to mention a big draw for the park, don't you think?

In any event I may have to go to see this. :) Will you be there?

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

At the moment all this is in Florida... AND just for little kids.

No Disney Venue will ever let adults come in costumes for security reasons... unless they are hired for a gig. If someone did something bawdy or off color or just plain mean Disney would get the blame and the lawsuit.

Control freaks that they are... unless your paid too, costumes are out.

I'll not be threr. I will be snug here in CA doing m'own Pirate Faires!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well let Disney know that there are BIG kids too! Some of us are still trying to get to NeverLand! *Grins*

Oh.. I think they know that.

One of the reason that the parks lost the Jack characters walking around was that too many women were *stalking* him. They were doing kind of lurid things in front of kids and that was that. (sigh) :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The new Pirates League will try to do for buccaneers what the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has done for little princesses at Disney World.

Oh yes, I've heard of this place. So Iron Bess, between the 'Pretty Pretty Princess' running about in their froo froo pink little numbers and the Swashbuckling Pirates dashing about in their gear...that Boutique should look pretty interesting to those who walk into it for the first time. :rolleyes:

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

:::mumbles in a high-toned wenchy voice::: Visit Captain Jack... Always bloody Jack... become a pirate under Jack... Jack Jack, bloody frakkin' Jack!

::back to normal voice:::

Who bloody well cares 'bout Jack! WE WANT'S TH' REDHEAD! GIVES US BARBOSSA!!! :D

I'll sign Articles with him ANYDAY! ;) ::le sigh; drools; dreamy gaze:::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!