Wholesale on Pistols and Longarms?

Kenneth

Does anyone know what the mark up is on Pistols and Muskets? Everyone sells them for about the same price...So I wonder what the mark up is?

Can't speak for the guns directly but I do know retail well. I don't think those selling the guns are making much from them. I would guess probably a 20% margain (which is to say that the profit is 20% of the total price) but again that's an educated guess. To give a point of reference specialty retail (such as marine) you're looking at a %30 to %40 margain. High priced electronics are down around 15-20 or less. The other extreme is a guy I know who sells silver jewelry locally at about %90 (he buys for $1 sells for $12 or so). Typically the cheaper the price you see the higher the markup it has whereas high dollar items (such as $800+) is going to be discounted quite a bit. Seems counter-intuitive but that's the norm. In any case, a %20 markup (if that's about where it is - once again a guess) really isn't worth the hassle and leg-work and if you have a store front it's not really enough to keep your doors open but I'll bet the people doing it are really in it because it's what they enjoy doing not because they are making wild amounts of money.

Ropework_Header.jpg

You're right about the mark up, lad ....I make just enough to pay for me to come to events with my vendor fees and insurance and travel expenses ....but I'm only buying a few thousand dollars worth at a time not a full container worth of guns or swords...I'll tell you for me it was about seeing some quality period weapons for sale at events and not just Chinese stainless swords and mock guns ....most of the dealers want to remain competitive so they watch what the others are charging and remain in the ballpark ....but remember that international shipping applies when buying from Canada or shipping to...

From my experiance in the business the markup on the weapons from overseas manufacturers like the ones coming out of canada from india is about 100%. they double the price to cover shipping ,damages, and quality issues. you would be amazed at the whole story.

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become