PiP Teaser Trailer 2009

MorganDrake

OK, I'm goinna be a poop.....

Wot I fly out to Key West each year isn't Pirates in Paradise, but the Fort Zachary Taylor Pyrate reenactment, (Or something like that)...

So Pirates in Paradise...PiP; is trademarked, and owned by someone else, and we are promoting it?

So alla the icky stuff about the local merchants not liking up for taking away their business.... isn't our doing, that is Pirates in Paradise doing?

So lets see If I kinda understand this.... Pirates in Paradise is the "Walk the plank competition", A ball, and the end of Hurricane Season Party... Wot we do at the Fort, is just kinda tagged onto alla the festivities as an after thought?

On a different ....wotever.......note.....

My only critique about the video (promoting someone else's shindig :rolleyes: ) Is who was the poop wot edited me outta it?........Hey, I'm sexy and cute too.......

Well, that's totally incorrect, Patrick.

Before moving to the fort (if you recall, it was on the beach the first year) all aspects of the fort festival were at the Seaport. There were encampments, vendors, entertainment - everything you see at the fort now. The Tryal was at the old City Hall. The cultural and maritime history events were spread about, including evenings at Mel Fisher, the art gallery. etc. They are all aspects of PiP.

When the encampment and vendors were moved to the fort five years ago, the origins of the Fort Fest were formed. Then two years ago, the Bone Island Buccaneers took over the Fort Fest and started taking it to the level it is now. And have done wonders.

The Fort Fest is still considered part of PiP. But PiP goes on for 10 whole days and includes things people at the fort never see, such as guest authors, a pub stroll, sailings, receptions, balls and such, the Buxom Wench contest, etc. There's a whole lot more going on the days leading up to the fort festival than you guys ever see, and the Fort Fest is the culmination, the crescendo if you will of the entire 10 day event.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Congrats on getting the trademark for Bone Island Buccaneers. Always an educational process when dealing with that paperwork and the federal process for that. Didn't even know there was a Gazette the first time around.

-- Hurricane

Thanks Hurricane. It was a long process and it was denied once due to a missing "disclaimer". Since Bone Island is a geographic location, it cannot be trademarked without a "disclaimer." I sure did learn a lot about the fed process. All the "technicalities" as you say. That is why I just wanted to let Morgan know that technically, Julie does not own the name Pirates in Paradise. I would hate to see a technicality get her in hot water. But since Julie only owns "Pirates in Paradise Festival" it a small technicality, but very relevant. Thanks for the Congrats, it is a good feeling of accimplishment for the whole Bone Island Buccaneer crewe.

Well, that's totally incorrect, Patrick.

Before moving to the fort (if you recall, it was on the beach the first year) all aspects of the fort festival were at the Seaport. There were encampments, vendors, entertainment - everything you see at the fort now. The Tryal was at the old City Hall. The cultural and maritime history events were spread about, including evenings at Mel Fisher, the art gallery. etc. They are all aspects of PiP.

When the encampment and vendors were moved to the fort five years ago, the origins of the Fort Fest were formed. Then two years ago, the Bone Island Buccaneers took over the Fort Fest and started taking it to the level it is now. And have done wonders.

<SNIP>

-- Hurricane

Thanks for the kudos Hurricane. We intend to keep that same level of perofmance at the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest for 2009 also. It is an honor to know that this great Pyrat Family gives such great compliments to the BIB, but it is ALL the participants in the FTPF that make it a success. No matter the terminology, we are proud to be a part of PIP and proud of what we produce at the Fort. Just my two cents, there is no real "separation" as far as the general public (and even some participants) between the FTPF, PIP and all the other events around KW. So I don't think that there is any "dilution" of the name, like aspirin, Xerox or Rollberblade.

Hey there! You guys do deserve your props. We just drop in an enjoy everything you guys do 11 months out of the year to make this thing happen. Anyone who has put on events knows how much work they are - there is so many things that have to happen behind the scenes that no one knows about. It's your group's efforts that have taken the Fort Fest to the next level and you and your crewe deserve your rightful props for that.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hey there! You guys do deserve your props. We just drop in an enjoy everything you guys do 11 months out of the year to make this thing happen. Anyone who has put on events knows how much work they are - there is so many things that have to happen behind the scenes that no one knows about. It's your group's efforts that have taken the Fort Fest to the next level and you and your crewe deserve your rightful props for that.

-- Hurricane

I believe I might be blushing. Hurricane, you are too kind and I thank you. Yes, it is true that managing a Festival of any size is hard work. And I am proud to be Captain of the Bone Island Buccaneers and proud of the job they do at PIP. And again, thanks for noting how much work is "behnd the scenes" and the months of planning and performance it takes leading up to the Festival. We really appreciate the props and EVERYONE who participates is thanked by the Bone Island Buccaneers for making it all so successful. I am most proud of the Family that has formed and most honored to be a part of it. We do it for the Love of Pyracy, of our Pyrat Family, of Fort Zach and PIP. And that is very fulfilling. I look forward to the 2009 events and spending time again with you and the rest of this great Pyrat Family.

Thanks,

Spike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I recall Harry calling the Fort by another name than Fort Zachary Taylor during the festival. Does anyone remember what that was?

Fort Edward Taylor.

As for the name nitpickiness...pah. We have a looooong way to go for the term 'PiP' to become public domain. Even if we all posted separate videos on YouTube using that title, we wouldn't even be close to having to worry about pd issues. At least that's this little MBA's view of this. (We did a case study of a failed public domain trial and this sort of behavior is no where near what it takes.)

Anyone who did that would have to be crazy anyhow. The name's not that valuable and they should be happy for all the viral marketing they can get at this point. Wait until you get a letter from someone's lawyer before you even think about worrying about changing the name.

(I can't see the video. Did you take it down?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I recall Harry calling the Fort by another name than Fort Zachary Taylor during the festival. Does anyone remember what that was?

Fort Edward Taylor.

As for the name nitpickiness...pah. We have a looooong way to go for the term 'PiP' to become public domain. Even if we all posted separate videos on YouTube using that title, we wouldn't even be close to having to worry about pd issues. At least that's this little MBA's view of this. (We did a case study of a failed public domain trial and this sort of behavior is no where near what it takes.)

Anyone who did that would have to be crazy anyhow. The name's not that valuable and they should be happy for all the viral marketing they can get at this point. Wait until you get a letter from someone's lawyer before you even think about worrying about changing the name.

(I can't see the video. Did you take it down?)

You Rock mission :)

Took the first original one down. But didn't take down the new one. Still up and going :) Here's the link for it again