Sally Green Latchet Shoes

Hello! It's my first post!

Like many other folks I've read about, I'm looking for a good pair of shoes. I've spent hours reading the threads here, but I have yet to see an opinion or subject relating to Sally Green's closed latchet shoes. http://www.sallygreen.co.uk/pics/17-latchet.gif

Everything I have researched looks like the black closed latches would be fine for 1700-oh, say 1715 or 1720. I am planning on ordering a pair from Loyalist Arms, but I need a pair during the 4-6 month wait. Would these work or would I be better off ordering a pair of the pleather kicks I've seen that are not quite right, but inexpensive.

Thanks

ihtcbanner.jpg

Firstly welcome to the pub.

Those are nice and the price isn't bad either. I can honestly say I have heard nothing on her shoes. As for them being right for the period I think they'd be close but I will truthfully say I am no expert.

You might also wish to check out the shoes here as they are also pretty reasonably priced.(style S3 to be exact)

Edited by hellfirehannah
siggy.jpg

Firstly welcome to the pub.

Those are nice and the price isn't bad either. I can honestly say I have heard nothing on her shoes. As for them being right for the period I think they'd be close but I will truthfully say I am no expert.

You might also wish to check out the shoes here as they are also pretty reasonably priced.(style S3 to be exact)

Thanks! I have checked out S3 as well - just having communication issues with them (they say they are having problems reading my e-mail. ? :(

ihtcbanner.jpg