Cannons

Commodore Swab

Whos interested and what are you interested in? 5 inch to 6 foot

Hmmm? Are we speaking of cannons here Vintagesailor? Interest in Godzilla here..I don't think there would be much interest in this site...Ha!

Ah, améliorez loin pour vivre et mourir sous le pavillon noir courageux que je bats, que jouent un rôle sanctimonious, avec une tête de pirate et un coeur de pirate. Pour moi suis un roi de pirate ! Et il est, il est une chose glorieuse à être un roi de pirate !

• 1 month later...

both, and everything inbetween. I have 4 full sized bronze swivels for my POTC jolly boat that were made off an original French casting pattern out of Canada, on the other hand I have two live 105 how. also. I guess the interest is more where to get mo' powder eh? seriously i'm intrigued by bronze guns and was enthralled with the photos here last week that other members were building. I briefly had the oportunity to purchase the live fire guns off the Rose when I worked as a consultant /gun examiner for Master and Commander, alass sharper "pirates" than me beat me to it. I have numerous other repro and original guns from several time periods and enjoy them all.

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

Yes we cast those, they are each cast as 3 seperate pieces using lost wax. Then once poured they are welded (bronze welded) together and given the correct patina. This provides for a very lightweight cannon (hollow) that a couple people can move around. For a functional piece we can place a seamless tube inside that is bored and proofed before being installed into the hollow bronze barrel. The void between the steel and bronze is then filled with aluminum. It is possible to get a solid bronze cannon cast and then bored out but the cost becomes too much for people to be interested.

id.jpg

Yes we cast those, they are each cast as 3 seperate pieces using lost wax. Then once poured they are welded (bronze welded) together and given the correct patina. This provides for a very lightweight cannon (hollow) that a couple people can move around. For a functional piece we can place a seamless tube inside that is bored and proofed before being installed into the hollow bronze barrel. The void between the steel and bronze is then filled with aluminum. It is possible to get a solid bronze cannon cast and then bored out but the cost becomes too much for people to be interested.

What size are those for firing, do you all make naval carriages, what prices, and do you have a website? Inquiring minds want to know!

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

We can make our own carriages... :lol:

Size and special equipment for moving the tube to the carriage becomes an issue on tubes that are at and over 1,000 pounds. If they are full size guns that's going to be the general low end estimated weight once you hit six pounders and from there the weight goes up. Carriage fabraction is simply beyond my groups means on guns of that size. :D

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

On those particular pieces I don't have a price on just the barrel as decoration. Regarding size, 6 pounder

Prices are as follows:

Cast as a single piece of bronze and bored out

22,000-Barrel

25,000-Naval Carriage

35,000-Field Carriage

If you are still with me . . .

As mentioned with the liner

8,000-Barrel

10,000-Naval Carriage

20,000-Field Carriage

The carriages are absolutly top of the line, most all fittings are hand forged or cast.

We also have a range of other guns lengths from

In Bronze

Very Old style 14 inch

16 Inch

22 Inch

24 Inch

36 Inch

In Iron

48 Inch

I am going be trying to add another page to my website soon

www.commodoreswabsports.com

id.jpg

Thanks for the note back.

Could you plase notify the board or PM me when you get these up on your webpage?

Thanks!