Treasure trove of artifacts recovered from Blackbeards 18th-century sh

Story

http://www.newspostonline.com/uncategorize...p-2009040147200

Washington, April 1 (ANI): Archaeologists have recovered a treasure trove of artifacts from a recently recovered ship of the infamous 18th-century pirate Blackbeard.

According to a report in the National Geographic News, some of the newfound relics add to evidence that the ship belonged to the pirate.

We feel pretty comfortable that thats what this is, said Marke Wilde-Ramsing, director of the Queen Annes Revenge project for the North Carolina Office of State Archaeology.

Dances for nickels.

wow- as everyone knows I am not of the opinion that QAR may not definitively be identified, but this is great news to help sort out the details and add pieces pieces to the puzzle. i knew that new pieces had been surfaced but not this much detail. grand news indeed.

wow- as everyone knows I am not of the opinion that QAR may not definitively be identified, but this is great news to help sort out the details and add pieces pieces to the puzzle. i knew that new pieces had been surfaced but not this much detail. grand news indeed.

Note the important role surgical equipment plays in this. :lol:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Originally stuck to other nested weights, but separated via an electrolysis process, the weight and a fleur-de-lis-shaped keg spigot found in the shipwreck are among the strongest evidence that the ship was originally Frencha key to tying the ship to Blackbeard.

I'm very curious as to the contruction and details of the "Fleur de Lys" spigot mentioned in that article... As someone who loves all things French and is interested in brewing and drink-stuffs storage and serving I am dieing to see a picture or archeological sketch of that bad boy.

Michael_banner.jpg