Rupert All-Star Pirate

Red Maria

Who was the gay dude that won on one series. Hopefully he's not one of the ones coming back for their super survivor or whatever it's called. If memory serves they had an ex navy seal on that same series.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Richard Hatch was the first winner, and he's gay, and he is coming back. Rudy Boesch, who is, I believe, a navy SEAL plank owner, is also coming back, in the original series, placed- what? Third? Because the show was all about BS politics and double dealing, and not about survival, I didn't like the show then, and I don't like it now. Rudy Boesch would have survived circles around those punks. And "Survivor?" It's more like "Boy Scout Jamboree Lite with even Whinier Kids TV."

Don't mean to rant. Just think it's a wasted premise.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I didn't say I liked the show. I actually only watched the episode where the seal was voted off the island. I can't remember the circumstances surrounding my decision to watch, maybe someone else was watching and I had an hour to kill.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Richard Hatch was the first winner, and he's gay, and he is coming back. Rudy Boesch, who is, I believe, a navy SEAL plank owner, is also coming back, in the original series, placed- what? Third? Because the show was all about BS politics and double dealing, and not about survival, I didn't like the show then, and I don't like it now. Rudy Boesch would have survived circles around those punks. And "Survivor?" It's more like "Boy Scout Jamboree Lite with even Whinier Kids TV."

Don't mean to rant. Just think it's a wasted premise.

You said it brother. Quite possibly one of the dumbest programs ever produced for TV. Thank goodness I only have one set and don't watch anymore prime time crap. :P Those damnable Neilsen ratings would go nuts trying to figure out my family's habits.

Wartooth

Richard Hatch was the first winner, and he's gay, and he is coming back.  Rudy Boesch, who is, I believe, a navy SEAL plank owner, is also coming back, in the original series, placed- what?  Third?  Because the show was all about BS politics and double dealing, and not about survival, I didn't like the show then, and I don't like it now.  Rudy Boesch would have survived circles around those punks.  And "Survivor?" It's more like "Boy Scout Jamboree Lite with even Whinier Kids TV."

Don't mean to rant.  Just think it's a wasted premise.

You said it brother. Quite possibly one of the dumbest programs ever produced for TV. Thank goodness I only have one set and don't watch anymore prime time crap. :P Those damnable Neilsen ratings would go nuts trying to figure out my family's habits.

Wartooth

They'd see a lot of the Wiggles and Rollie Pollie Olie if they were monitering my habits at home.

The Wiggles have Captain Feathersword the Friendly Pirate. The guy that plays him is HOT (in Capt Grey's opinion). :P

I always thought that Survivor show was stupid; the essence of survival is to work together to stay alive, not backstab everyone else off the island.

I agree with you Wartooth, network television has sunk to a new low; thank god for cable and the internet.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well let me be the first to stand tall and say,"I LIKE SURVIVOR!!

Everyone is entitiled to their own opion. But I have watched every show since in came on. Yes some are dumber than others, but for the most part, I've enjoyed the situations, the idiots, the sneaks, the backstabbers, and the good people. Personally, the guy who opted to quit and leave on the last show, in my opinion did a good thing. You see, he is correct, one's health and well being are far more important than any amount of money, and that I do agree with.

What I have learned from these shows are that one must consider what is truly important in life, regardless of the onslaught of corrupt minds.

I think the people coming back for the new show on Feb. 1, will have a better understanding of what they are doing and how to go about it then they did the first time. And yes, I will watch it!

Rumba Rue

**Stand tall and proud** :unsure:

For u 'toon lovers out there, THE FLINTSTONES is the one for me.

Sucks that nobody seems to be carrying it right now. TBS had it for a long time, then they deferred it to Cartoon Network. Now they don't seem to be showing it at all. I also like Bugs and Mickey. Its weird watching recently made Mickey cartoons cuz its as if they've run out of stuff. They constantly use "stuff" they put into older ones that have become classics. Those "new" Charlie Brown toons that ABC showed this year were the same way; they kept quoting older material. I was like, "been there done that".

As for Survivor, the original, and Pearl Islands were the best .

We could have done without the rest.

Rupert and Rudie have by far been the best on the whole series B)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I watched part of an episode of the first season where some little b!@#y girl was running down Rudy (the former Navy Seal). At that point, I decided that Survivor was the most idiotic thing ever conceived. So my sister calls me one night and tells me to turn my teli to the channel and lo and behold, I see a pirate theme. I decide, "Well, I guess I'll watch until somebody does something that I just can't stomache." Then Rupert, fat and breathless steals all of the other team's stuff and hits the road. I was hooked. Then Sandra barters her gold necklace for a barbeque; grills, utensils, chicken and all! The hook was set and I watched every episode to the end. I hated Jon for his ethics (yes, he has them even though they aren't acceptable), but I couldn't help admiring his forethought and inginuity. I really loved watching him squirm when Rupert was about to pound him. It almost would have been worth losing any chance at the million bucks for the satisfaction of his cheekbone crunching under my fist (if I were in Rupert's place). I think I'll watch the Allstars series, but I may not be as into it as Pearl Islands.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.