HMS SURPRISE

Rumba Rue

Well I finally made the trip down to downtown San Diego to see the HMS Surprise used in Master and Commander (I know, I live in N. San Diego county, but finding the time to get there was another problem).

WOW! That has to be the most beautiful ship I have ever seen!

The ship's real name, HMS Rose, hasn't been replaced and the Surprise is still on her stern. Nothing has been touched up (just in case they need to use it again for a sequel), it's absoluetly gorgeous!

On deck to touch a cannon, to feel the helms (there's two wheels), that darwf me, to hear the groaning and the creaking of the ship as she rocked up and down with the tide at her moorings ...heaven! Down below there's all kinds of pictures from the movie, there's a TV monitor showing clips from how the ship was built and used in the movie. The Captian's cabin is all set up just like it was in the movie, including the instruments, cello and violin, uniforms from the movie and the cabin where the doctor stayed with all his stuff out.

Oh yes I took pictures! LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!

I'll turn in the film by Friday and as soon as I see how they came out I'll post them!

I am sooooo excited to have seen this magnificent ship!

Rumba Rue

**Fair Winds and Following Seas** :ph34r:

Super !., Yea.., Pics will be welcome., I have not seen the movie yet., (wating for the DVD)

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I too am waiting for the DVD of Master and Commander so I can see what all I missed at the theater. There was so much action during the battle scenes that I could not take in all of it. When the canons fired the whole room shook. I have never seen a movie which was so true to life at sea. I pray for a sequel.

Fair Winds

Joe